July MoM is @Akoyeh!

Only if a second is there correct?

1 Like

No Sir, we’ve never done it that way as far as I can remember it. Most people that have/get nominated have done something within the last month to be used as example for their nomination. At least that’s how it has been. Come to think of it, most people that get nominated by 1 person will generally be seconded by another member of the congregation before it comes time to throw the poll up.
We can throw a poll up to ask the community, or we can ask @Future or @sidco for their opinions. I don’t want anyone thinking that someone who wins it doesn’t deserve it.

3 Likes

All seems to be in order here. Keep on keeping on.

4 Likes

Bump!!! Poll goes up sometime tomorrow, so get those last minute nominations in!!!

1 Like

Poll is up! Let’s get them votes in my Peeps!!

2 Likes

I nominate @SquibbleMyJibbs as mom. Maybe the most epic first post ever, and he discovered the biggest Easter egg on the site :joy:

9 Likes

He’ll be up for next month. Poll was already posted for this month, which reminds me…

Go vote! Scroll back to the top and make your selection! We need more voters!

5 Likes

Doing God’s work You are!

1 Like

My vote goes to @akoyeh for always fighting the good fight and always bringing a positive attitude to the forum!
I also want to be on the top of the list for :fire: salsa :fire: samples!!!

8 Likes

Thank you! Too bad you won’t be at the Carbon Chemistry mixer this weekend (in Eugene). I bet a few members will be walking out with a sample bottle or two, @Sidco_Cat being one of them.

A few of the sauces are pretty dialed, but some of them still need tweaking (to my standards). I ask for feedback, and all I get is “So, can I buy some?” Nop one wants to help me make them better, so I guess I’m on my own there. Haha.

7 Likes

I would love to give you some feedback on them @Akoyeh … I get into spice craze phases

3 Likes

Maybe those potential buyers didn’t think they could be any better!

5 Likes

Problem is that I know they can be better. I have a rather refined pallet that has yet to recognize perfection in any of my sauces, as delicious as they are.

Reminds me, I need to start another round of ferments, as @anon16547145 and his crew have been rapidly consuming them.

8 Likes

The strawbanero is amazing!!!

3 Likes

Rooting for ya @jakovsau5

4 Likes

Bro, send me some and I will articulate a very well thought opinion, and quite possibly help. (But no promises!) I can’t even find black label Valentinas literally ANYWHERE I have been. WalMart, you name it. Anyway, I’m always down to lay down some sweat over some sauces!

4 Likes

I’ll give very detailed feedback. In my previous life, i worked on flavor panels. I know all the vocabulary lol.

6 Likes

Next time you’re in town, I got you!

4 Likes

@Akoyeh gets my vote for his helpful suggestions on cleaning my pesticide contaminated glassware. Also I love hot sauce.

8 Likes

@Akoyeh gets my vote to.

I know we don’t always see eye to eye, but I still think, he is an A+ standup guy. AND routinely contributes good info to the community.

8 Likes