Job Listings Thread 👨‍🔬

Yea its marked as “degree required” Surprised it doesn’t let you submit an application.

2 Likes

Amen to this! Most owners fit this exact description. Most owners wouldn’t qualify to work in their own lab! :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Dude I 100% agree with this. Having people that do not have formal experience working at a regular job or going through college have a high possibility of “loner island lab syndrome!” :sweat_smile:

I personally like being on a team with people that can talk in a group without retreating and can talk one on one without feeling weird having eye contact.

5 Likes

Some points in this video that some might find interesting

5 Likes

My takes from the video. If your iq is under 83 your fucked. If your a lawyer who’s iq is under 83 your double fucked

10 Likes

I have no college degree, I have interviewed with acreage for a tech opening and was called back about a director position. So I know they are a bit flexible on that front

4 Likes

Yeah, college kicked me out for cannabis use so I think it’s pretty ass backwards that cannabis companies are trying to require a degree that the school disowns and doesn’t teach any classes about.

I’ll take my real world experience on this one and you can have your newly graduated chad.

16 Likes

Omg…

Jordan fucking Peterson. LOL

Guys a joke.

I wish I could do my impersonation of him over the Internet, but it just won’t do it justice…

5 Likes

He didn’t even mention what happens to people that score higher than 130 :thinking:

1 Like

Dude is a walking meme.

2 Likes

BAM! Everyone needs to look at this comment here.

4 Likes

my college is hiring lab assistants for cannabis. no college degree needed. 1000 hours cannabis experience is on the listing. weed is barely legal here- only during covid so how do you get 1000 hours experience- grow it your own.

6 Likes

You been growing for over a year. You have over a thousand hours. Trust me you’ll get there and know more than them more than likely

Go get you some thumps!

I’m sure someone here would be happy to be a reference

4 Likes

i may resort to that but id prefer them to meet me first in person so its not a fake reference. And Ive got thousands of hours experience just harvesting. Its full circle if i get a job at the college.

2 Likes

Well fill out the application, and get started homie

2 Likes

im waiting on an example from darren. but I see the college has career counseling and could really help me in applying and knowing what they need from me. I think best thing is to get a job jjust to have a recent reference. The job is just to get the desired job. I can probably do both.

Bro just apply. You’re making excuses now

Believe it or not I Believe in You thumps I think you can do it

4 Likes

It says- Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor. So theres temp jobs at dispensaries. I need that and then i have the recent reference.

Associate’s degree in horticulture or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required.
2. One year of relevant experience greenhouse or related plant maintenance experience requires, with cannabis cultivation specialty preferred.
Preferred:

1000 hrs experience with cannabis cultivation or horticulture
Associates Degree

Strong integrity and trustworthiness is required. Ability and intent to follow strict security protocols, especially around restricted materials.

Thumper seems like you are getting onto the right track with plans and goals mate. Happy for you and hope this plan works out and gets you in the door. Know once you get that working stability it’ll help alleviate a lot of the stress and bullshit that leads to the need to drink.

Basically just wanna wish you luck and let you know rooting for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes