Job Listings Thread šŸ‘Øā€šŸ”¬

I think if someoneā€™s an actually good, mentally stable employee they can within a few years find a reasonable income. You can get yourself a 50-60k job making wax.

3 Likes

@Darrenjaydirect great list! Thank you for keeping it going

3 Likes

I have 3 years of lab tech experience under my belt. I started out as a lead C02/Alcohol extractor and winterization eventually worked my way up into the distillation lab doing pesticide remediation through chromatography and a lot of other stuff. Company I worked for stopped doing concentrates and just focused on cultivation so I am looking for other opportunities. I been doing cultivation for the past year and am pretty good at it but my knowledge of expertise is in concentrates. Will be checking out your list to see what I can find. Iā€™m in southern California.

6 Likes

Hey All, The Thread Is Updated: 11/26/21

What area of So Cal area you in? Iā€™ll keep an eye out for you.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in adelanto San Bernardino county

2 Likes

1/21/2022 Update Highlights:

• (2) new listings in New York looking for Extraction Technicians
  • Cresco Labs looking for supervisor in Massachusetts
  • Manoa Botanicals in Hawaii still looking for Laboratory Manager @ $70k/yr
5 Likes

1/28/2022 Update Highlights:

• (9) listings in Denver, Colorado looking for various positions
  • (2) new listings in Arkansas looking for Extraction Technicians
  • STASH Cannabis Company is looking for a Lab Manager in Colorado
  • Rove in Missouri is looking for a Lab Technician @ $19 - $29/hr
3 Likes

Hawaii!!!

5 Likes

Wanna guess what a gallon of milk costs over there?

5 Likes

Acreage holdings Syaracuse New York is looking for a bachelors degree. I couldnā€™t even submit my application on indeed without it. Iā€™ve reached top pay in my area for a diesel/heavy equipment mechanic with a GED. $90k.

4 Likes

Really sad to see so many companies requiring college degrees in a field that colleges simply donā€™t know enough to teach. Iā€™ve been skimming this thread and it doesnā€™t look like I would qualify for very many jobs without a degree. Good thing I own my own business and run my own lab because I would be fucked if I had to rely on a degree that wouldnā€™t even prepare me for this industry. Thank fuck for that C+ I made in my last chem class in highschool!

18 Likes

then be a hawaiian dairy farmer. my uncle moved there and was an executive for mauna loa selling macadamia nuts. Better than when he was in columbus ohio marketing jays chips.

Iā€™m in charge of hiring for my team. I can tell you first-hand, I can generally rely on candidates with (relevant) college degrees being able to:

• compose an intelligent email
  • document ideas (ie take something in their head and put it on a piece of paper)
  • be on-time
  • follow instructions
  • cohesively integrate in a team

Thatā€™s not to say that I donā€™t find these qualities in non college graduates. But I tend to find more folks that are much more individualistic, take longer to integrate with an existing team, and generally are more difficult to on-board.

That being said, Iā€™ve hired plenty of non college graduates (thank you trades!) and theyā€™re great at what they do but so many of them want to just be left on an island to do their job and have little interest in transitioning to a management or leadership role. This is despite me explaining that being accountable for a group of people instead of only being accountable for themselves is waaaay more valuable to the company and I can more easily justify the pay raises they ask for :joy:

8 Likes

Iā€™m definitely interested in a job on an island, someone else can make a trip ice a week with food, dry ice, solvent, and clean jars.
I would take a black market job, a white market job, someone in the middle of the country that has the money to pay someone to come teach them how to safely and efficiently run their shit!

4 Likes

Iā€™m seriously considering ceasing to teach anything to college graduates. Iā€™ve worked for lots of them and they all have two things in common. They wonā€™t pay what my experience and skills are worth and they pay too much for knowledge that is mostly not useful.

14 Likes

Bro, I donā€™t even put my degree on my resume! If thatā€™s what theyā€™re looking for I donā€™t want anything to do with them!

10 Likes

While I agree that the ā€œsoft skillsā€ were beat into our heads in school and they were required to progress through (I dropped out as a senior in comp sci), I firmly believe the drive lies in the individual. I think college can filter out some that donā€™t, but Iā€™ve met some LAZY ass college grads. I really feel itā€™s a case by case, but I only have 1 year experience as an employer of 3 so take my experience as a manager with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

70k for director at manoa just isnt worth it. Iā€™m in Hawaii and was expecting that to be listed a lot higher. Definitely fighting for second or third place in dispos here and an uphill battle theyā€™ll need to raise that listing if they want to gain market share.

2 Likes

Yea its marked as ā€œdegree requiredā€ Surprised it doesnā€™t let you submit an application.

2 Likes