Job Listing Template

Good for you. Try having a drug felony…
Perfectly illustrates how ridiculous these laws are.

My crime didn’t even have a victim.

1 Like

As long as it wasn’t a violent crime and its past the stipulations I listed above then you should have no issue obtaining a badge . It’s worded pretty openly to make it easier for people with priors now. I don’t know your case, but I highly recommend try again once you meet the time restrictions. Best wishes to you friend.

1 Like

This hasn’t been my experience. The MED revoked my badge as soon as I informed them of the charges I was convicted of and the conditions of my probation. Charge was cultivation of 30+ plants, drug felony II. I appreciate the advice and sentiments. I’ve heard they may expunge all non violent marijuana crimes in Colorado, a fella can hope. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I had a similar experience. I had my support badge for about 3 years, even renewed with them. My boss at the time paid to ugrade me to the key badge and I reckon that a deeper check at the time, but I popped hot the a felony that time and they revoked my badge with a year still left. I was informed that i shouldnt of been given a badge in the first place and that my felony had to be 10 years old from the initial charge date(when you when to court) and then 5 years after you got off of paper or served time. I had a year to go from it being 10 years old from the inital charge. Like i said, it may be awhile, but I think with your charge you will be able to get back into the industry eventually if you so chose to. Cheers!

1 Like