Job Listing Template

Hi All,

Per discussions with some moderators, we feel it would be best to start introducing templates for specific listing-type forum entries. I think a good place to start would be job listings, so I’ll take a crack at it.

*Job Title
*Job Location
*Start Date
*Part Time or Full Time?
*Relocation Offered?
*Equity Offered?
*Existing Facility or Design Required?
*Job Description (minimum 100-200 words—includes at minimum: hemp or cannabis, medical or recreational)
*Job Qualifications (minimum 100-200 words)
*Compensation Range
*email or DM for Resume / Cover Letter
*Criminal Background Check Required?

Here’s the deal—the point of creating this template is partially so we can start flagging people who derail job listings by bitching about compensation, not enough detail about the job or qualifications, and try to conduct a virtual interview in the thread. I think it’s fair to say that those things don’t contribute a damn thing to connecting employers with potential employees.

If you all have additional suggestions please put them here

Edit: if I “like” your post I have added it to the list if thought necessary. I’d thought superfluous I’ll respond to your comment.

23 Likes

Relocation offered?
Housing offered?
Equity offered?
New facility setup & process development or existing operational facility?

11 Likes

These are all great suggestions.

1 Like

Medical or Recreational?
Hemp vs Cannabis?

Although those should probably be covered in the job description.

6 Likes

Criminal background check required?

many of us dIdn’t get out the drug war unscathed.

11 Likes

There can be a a breaker for optional or suggested fields they can delete, and make the first chunk required.

5 Likes

Will this be an auto filled template you get when you post a job offering in a specified section of the forum? or how will we even start to assume people making the job postings will be able to find and use the template?

2 Likes

There are category specific options to input a template of text into the reply field, depending on if you are creating the topic, or a reply.

2 Likes

Attempt to make a new topic in Help Support and Requests - Future4200 for an example.

1 Like

Awesome! we the only challenge will be getting them to post in that category! I’ll add a shortcut link to it once its does so i can send it to people like i do with the slanger thread.

3 Likes

We can flag it for closing to kinda nudge them in the correct direction. In the early stages I imagine mods will kind of explain several times over the right and wrong way to do things.

6 Likes

The more educated the community is, the better!

4 Likes

I don’t have much to add to this as I’ve recently been going through this experience and I have to say I’m quite impressed with how professional and useful the forum has been. Some humor and off topic comments aside, the inbox and calls have been progressive.

That criminal background bit is a great question. Case by case scenario. If it’s marijuana related I’d consider it a benefit versus issue. Some states also aren’t kind to this via license etc and with the right attitude there is a solution.

Yes

2 Likes

Have to pass one in pa to work anywhere in the field. Total crock of shit

2 Likes

Same in Colorado. Wish common sense were common.

Get arrested for growing weed? No legal weed growing for you!
Get arrested for selling weed? No legal weed selling for you!
Get arrested making hash? Same charge as running a meth lab. Seems legit :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Refreshing to hear, I hope this sentiment is shared by many!

I wouldn’t say anyone was “derailing threads” if it resulted in the decision of making it mandatory to list the information all the “derailing” questions were asking.

I’d say it resulted in a positive change to protect the members of this forum from predatory scammers and to distinguish legitimate offers from bs.

4 Likes

That’s just like, your opinion dude.

Edit: I would still say there are individuals derailing threads with nonsense all the time. Why wouldn’t it also apply to job listings?

2 Likes

Colorado? Bud I’m a convicted felon and I have a badge. Charge has to be over 10 years old and 5 years after getting off completing sentence rather that be on paper or time served behind bars. Not sure who has told you no felons in the Colorado industry. Also can’t be a violent crime. Mine was a felony theft by taking cause I got drunk one night and was taking copper off telephone poles haha. I don’t mind admitting it cause i have to live with it , but it hasn’t stopped me at all working in the industry. Its also why I’m afraid to try another state cause some aren’t so friendly towards felons.

:point_up_2: Perfect example of that right attitude.