Jacketed dessicant

Here’s another thing I wonder about heating up your dessicant while hooked up to your system. Aren’t you basically releasing the moisture in the beads back into the gas? I thought you were supposed to heat it up once it’s removed from the system. Otherwise I feel like it’s just pointless

@greggoose710 Start here

it’s not solvent that would be in your filter, it’s water. I’ve always just put the filter in the vac oven @ 50•c for a few hours with a cloth underneath in order to collect all the water that’s pulled out.

In regards to the initial post, I have ran my filters with heat @ 35•c and without heat @ 20•c room temp. The only noticeable difference I found was that with added heat, my pumps ran a bit hotter.

Does anyone know if there is an actual benefit to adding heat? Does it help with pulling water or is it solely for assisting in keeping the solvent in a vapour state?

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s to keep your solvent in a vapor state to allow moisture seperate, if you do it cool/cold you have a chance of recondensing gas in your dessicant chamber. Depending on your pump that can be an issue.

1 Like

hey ,if im doing 3 run a day is okay to regenerate beads say end of week every week or is that to long between regen ?

My thinking here is that by passing heating fluid through a jacketed molecular sieve column adds more heat to the vaporized LPG and maintains it at a consistent temperature before it reaches whatever is being used to condense the vapor.

you want to measure it. Put 20 ml of new or freshly dried sieve in a beaker and add 40 ml water, measure the temp differential. Thats your baseline, when it gets weak compared to that regenerate or replace.

3 Likes

thanks mate !

Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like