It's 2022, who has the best cart now?

So what are the acceptable cp values for working with your cartridges? Any one cartridge.

Thanks QMA. I’m doing some work out in the midwest right now but brought a couple all ceramics from AVD with me. Here’s a photo of one filled with rosin that I am trying out. They are more expensive and apparently the failure rate is higher with all ceramics in general. But the flavor is definitely on point. I haven’t had any clogging issues on these after flying with them yet. Hopefully this attaches. New forum and I’m not the most tech savvy.

11 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying the ikrusher nord and tik pro. They work great with rosin and bho, really fat hits that still have good flavor. They’re about $4/ea, but I haven’t tried anything else that hits this well.

3 Likes

Have you experienced the capping failures yet?

5 Likes

We have an automated capper in house. I did the all ceramics by hand no issue- we got a 5 pack for samples. The press on style ones for the Good Carts and their AVD hardware we got a jig from them and haven’t had any issues. We had to reduce the force on our press bc they require less force than other hardware we tried out. Once we made the adjustments it’s been a cake walk.

We tried out the CCELL snap on style too but they were more expensive and it was harder to cap them.

3 Likes

We are the ones that actually designed and manufactured AVD since 2018 as we own the brand also.

The model you’re currently testing is an older model that is currently being sold by Next Level, our previous distributor.

We’ve made some slight improvements with our next generation.

@qma what is the capping issue you’re mentioning with the AVD Zirconia’s? Obviously we stopped making these since October of last year, so I’m curious if you’re hearing of higher defects, as we have heard similar issues from AVD customers that have reached out to us directly.

1 Like

The gasket doesnt sit right with some of them. If u dont see the gasket off center a bit before trying to cap it will get wavvy on you and not sit into the glass right.
This happens from time to time with other brands aswell, i even had a screw on ccell that wouldnt sit right no matter what u did, but these did it like 6 or 7 out of 100

2 Likes

This is a different cart.

Posts that shatter during capping. When I asked my supplier why, they said its because they demanded a cheaper zirconia. That was the end of me and zirconia because they are already unreliable.

When a $1 william cart outperforms a 1.75 zirconia, you know you’re in trouble

4 Likes

I can’t tell you how many of the all ceramic carts I’ve broken by having them in my pockets and bend over or something and it break right through the center post. They hit the concrete once and they are dunzo bud

2 Likes

Not the original wookentek. I could hit those hoes with a hammer

1 Like

The ones I was using were the all ceramics you had back Q4 2020

Were you using wolkentek or icell? We are talking about wolkentek and the wolkentek knock-off, not icell. Please dont generalize them as they are vastly different carts.

The main reason I ran wolks in 2020-2021 was their durability and reliability vs icell. Towards the middle to end of 2021, wolkentek sent me a batch of carts that would not cap and that combined with the leaking/clogging issues that I had to pay for out of pocket, had me dropping zirconia carts all together.

Icell may not have been more durable, but it was sure as hell more reliable.

3 Likes

I believe it was the icells that I was using at the time. Generally speaking they worked decent but they were fragile as fuck in my eyes. I didn’t break too many, but it was enough to find a different cart.

1 Like

That was enough for us to start running the icell plus:

So I completely understand

2 Likes

when will the PRL be available to test out?

From an unbiased perspective: AVD (great customer service), ECAP (PHENOMENAL flavor), and Icell (great ceramic). I found all of the Ikrusher disposables (Nord, Tik, Tik Pro, all of them) to torch the terpenes, so use those only for distillate IMO.

2 Likes

anyone know what TPK carts are? and anyone using them for live/cured?

Coldfire uses them.

1 Like

I loved the wolks…

Was hoping @qma could shed some light? Or anyone else who knows way the fuck more than me.

1 Like

Have this same issue with 1.0ml icell carts. The gasket would push out not creating a good seal, not to mention the 1 of 100 that were outright failures, I believe they were the older versions though. Gladly I only bought a few hundred.

1 Like