It puts the Cannabis in the tube, & then it walks away again

Why follow the cadabinoids when you could follow the cannabinoids and provide an actually percent extraction efficiency bro?

Without it, your “R&D” is just playing with goo.

See: Mass Balance

2 Likes

Some days I swear you’re speaking Greek.

3 Likes

Cadabinoids: I got some goo. I can haz dabs!

cannabinoids: actual target molecules. Can be quantified (actually required if you want to sell your product legally).

Cannabinoids obtained/cannabinoids available == actual metric for how good you done did.

8-15% cadabinoids depending on input is fucking horse shit as far as actual data.

I might could use a nap🤫

11 Likes

I get that. I’ve seen results as high as 27% 8-15% isn’t great.

Can’t wait till we can all meet at a glg event. You’re a character

7 Likes

If you have 1 kilo of material at 15% target cannabinoids, you would have a theoretical 150 grams of THCa we will say in that biomass.

Do your magic juju with the tubes and gas.

Final output could be say 150 grams at 86.7% THCa.

150g x .867 = about 130.

So you extracted 130 grams of THCa…and left 20g in there.

Is that kinda what your talking about @cyclopath?

4 Likes

Cause that’s where my mind goes…

1 Like

Insane 173k to run like 4.5 pounds in 18 hours… DUH HELL?!

1 Like

Yep. So rather than “Hey Bro, I got 15% yield”

You have 130g out of a possible 150g which is 86.7% extraction efficiency.

A number you can use to compare every extraction you do with, because it is far less dependent on starting material potency

5 Likes

That was then, now it’s 350k

2 Likes

It puts the Cannabis in the tube, & then it walks away again….

1 Like

C’mon guys, we all know yields vary based on material.

Tbqh, any dry biomass over 15% cannabinoids should probably be pre-roll material, not extraction material, unless there’s something terribly wrong with it in the first place.

2 Likes

Sure…yield varies with input… extraction efficiency doesn’t vary near as much…

As such it is a better metric for measuring your performance, or that of your operators or equipment.

In the legal market, your inputs come with a potency, and your outputs require a potency to be sold. Why not actually leverage that data?

If you’re gonna spend all that cash on an automagic goo machine, understanding how well it does seems like simple due diligence.

6 Likes

Also strictly speaking, most of us would like to get as much of the goodies as possible with the SMALLEST total mass

2 Likes

Your accountant might not like that approach.

it’s fine, I just cut it all down with pine sap

11 Likes

No, you’re totally correct.

Having the ability to totally control your solvent temp and soak time allows you to maximize efficiency.

1 Like

something else to take into consideration is the thc or cbd percentage of the flower or material its self. if the product you are running is only 10% or less thc then you will have a much smaller yield no? like you other wise you are striping goo or other things like terps. so for 1 run 20lbs my return is around 4% the product that comes out has tested 75-85% thc and with 15-20% terps on COAs.

1 Like

umm… yeah.

That is a REQUIREMENT for tracking extraction efficiency as laid out above.

input potency x input weight = total input cannabinoids.
output potency X output weight = total output cannabinoids.

output/input x100 = extraction efficiency.

10 Likes

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Hi man,
Im looking to purchase one of these units. I have heard good things and some bad things about the design. I heard the lines clog quite often and that people are breaking them pretty easily? Did you have any negative experiences with the machine? Currently we are using a ETS MEP.

2 Likes