Issues running passive

So… I went wrong somewhere. Attempting to distill the gas before my first run… So my steps… Vacced down my collection tank, recovery tank. For some reason I cannot get it past 0 PSI and left overnight and read the same the next day. Anyways, I didn’t think it was an issue. So I continued on. Put my collection tank into dry ice surrounding it completely then hot water on my butane tank. Connected line to my N-Butane tank and collection tank. Once I started releasing the gas the gauge was reading 20 PSI. I figured it would be at 0… Maybe somehow atmosphere got in… maybe I need a new vac pump? How would any of these possible mishaps affect the passive recovery/distilling process? I’m stumped and frustrated. Help would be appreciated. Ideally how long does recovering/distilling 6 lb’s of butane take?

1 Like

Have any pics of your setup @Steveydvee?

Sorry, not currently. About to call it a night. It’s Killa’s 1 LB CLS + nitro assist option and a 1 Stage Vac Pump I had laying around.

If you shoot me a video call today. I can see what your having issues with and get you moving in the right direction.

11 Likes

if you can’t vac passed 0 psi maybe you have a leak?

4 Likes

you dropped this :crown:

1 Like

Did you get sorted out? Did you see if you actually vaced the system? Put your finger over any ball valve and open it, does it suck on your finger strong, a little or not at all? If strong leave for a bit and check again, still strong? Replace your gauge. A little or not at all find your leak.

5 Likes

Also unless it’s cold af where you are you shouldn’t really need to heat your butane to get it in. Vacuum and cold collection I can fill a 120 lb solvent tank.

What kind solvent tank is it…if it’s bvv 20lb flip it upside down bc it has no diptube?

I’d go w the video call w @Killa12345 to get u going the right way

5 Likes

wind chime tek! he’s gonna do a wind chime tek!

7 Likes

Nah the best value vacs 20lb tank don’t have dip tube. If u leave it up right you’ll just get a lil psi and no gas
You gotta flip that bitch over

1 Like

Distilling 6 lbs of butane wont take you more than half hour once you get going.

Check all of your gaskets, fittings, etc. You can also use your nitrogen to lightly pressurize your vessels to listen/feel for any leaks.

The guys here are great and will have you up and running in no time.

2 Likes

Shake her up for extra “assist” lmfao

1 Like

An extraction in a Soxhlet apparatus followed by a rotary evaporator with a cold finger condenser assembly for butane recovery.