Isomer potency testing

I’ve noticed that we are now getting tested against standards for exo-THC and all various stereoisomers of d9 with our potency tests now.

Is this getting more common across markets?

Colorado passed a bill this year governing isomerization and novel cannabinoid synthesis so I’m sure the labs are gearing up to detect isomerized d9.

1 Like

Kca has been testing for both iso thcs and exo thcs for a while now

Definitely think its a good thing

Im pretty sure you can clean up iso and exo thc out of converted products pretty easy with some chromatography

1 Like

routinely or upon request only?

@kcalabs?

1 Like

Depends if you pay for ms testing.

Hemp derived converted cannabinoid get hplc and ms so its always for those

If you were to test flower or something im pretty sure they only do hplc but you could add ms

1 Like

CO expanded the testing not too long ago. I believe last year they expanded it from an 11 panel to 19 to show those extra d9 isomers. They just expanded pesticides this year too. If they are going to expand it again, it prob won’t be til next july i’d bet. MED has those groups now to research and propose changes to the laws.

1 Like

Routinely at this point, but on GC only

2 Likes

Awesome.

And, Bother!!

The MED working group to implement this years law on synthetic cannabinoid regulation meets this week.

1 Like

Ya i rechecked my email after I posted that and saw the topics. January would still seem like a quick turnaround to implement the laws. They announced expiration dates last year and are finally being implemented in January.