Isolate Infused PreRolls

Considering doing a run of isolate infused prerolls.

Has anyone successfully done this? I searched a few times and couldn’t find a thread on it.

Thinking 1 lb of hemp flower to 200g isolate in the shredder, only concern is it does produce some heat, wondering if the isolate will slightly melt and stick to the sides.

Any input is greatly appreciated as always.

I think you’ll get a sticky mess, but ya never know🤷‍♂️
Don’t think it will homogenize very well

2 Likes

Personally I’d treat it like making a food dish.

Grind flower material into desired size. Put into metal mixing bowl. Add isolate, mix gently, mix, mix, mix. Roll into desired preroll.

Either use a wire whisk, or a silicone spatula and fold, fold, fold.

5 Likes

I may give that a go, I attached a whisk to a drill a couple of days ago after I fried a cheap hand mixer making bath bombs and it worked pretty well

3 Likes

this may sound crazy. what if you made a solution with water and isolate. Then dip the pre-roll into solution, then dry. It’s now infused with the solution. CBD and water aren’t soluble, right? But I’ve seen some isolate powder that dissolves away in the water. It may not be completely homogenized, but enough for you to dip the joint. I think your consistency from joint to joint would be better. run a few at first to see how much water to use. Anyway, just a thought. Yeah I know crazy stupid.

1 Like

Anyone thought of trying to infuse the paper so it can be used with even the worst weed?

1 Like

This how we would make a 51er back in the day. Let it dry, then fire it up.

Edited

Most isolate I’ve had imo isnt water soluable. And may not work well for the above.

3 Likes

exactly… not h2o soluble, not homogenized, but close.

1 Like

how can it be “close” if it’s not water soluble?

That’s not going to work. You’ll end up with sticky blades and a lot of powder sticking to the sides.

If that dish involves a solvent and a vac oven, great idea. Not so much otherwise.

It’s not crazy. It’s just not going to work. At all.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl:
Try using a Kitchen Aid mixer and use the paddle attachment. The Paddles that have the rubber blades. Your bath bomb making experience will improve.

Remember, friction causes heat.

2 Likes

That was a suggestion to improve his bath bombs. Iv made 100s and 100s of bath bombs. I assure you, there is no heat issue.

If I was to use the Kitchen Aid for his flower question, I’d go with the whisk attachment. That actually might work…better than my first thought of a powder mixer.

Edit…it may beat the shit out of your flower…so I’m sure that’s not going to work

1 Like

I wouldn’t wanna smoke the cyclodextrins or whatever additive to make that stuff

1 Like

But cellulose is fine? :rofl:

Fair enough.

No reason to add things though

It’s just like sending powdered gypsum through irrigation lines. It can be temporarily suspended in water even if it’s not soluble.

2 Likes

5 Likes

More like for your BS :wink:

2 Likes

I was thinking a paddle mixer drill attachment and a 5 gallon bucket for bath bombs in the future, the kitchen aid would be a little more professional though I guess.

Hey just havin fun with ya…no offense meant.

1 Like