Isocratic HPLC Method for Delta-8

Application 24255 from Phenomenex.

Luna Omega 3µm Polar C18 100Å 150 x 4.6mm
Polar C18 stationary phase.

Peak #8 is Delta-8, which is the best resolution I have seen for that specific analyte in an off-the-shelf method.

Having multiple cannabinoid methods that are optimal for specific analytes can give you the most accurate glimpse into what is really in your product. Often times a method/column is very good a providing resolution for some of the cannabinoids, but not all.

I’m looking to do some GMP/Quality/Analytics consults. You want to set up in house cannabinoid testing and save money and time on third-party labs, or want to get prepared for pharmaceutical industry level GMP standards and practices, hit me up. Not only can we get you setup with capturing the data you need, we can also develop and deploy a fully customized web based dashboard that visualizes your data.

Bump: I would even be open to run your HPLC and do the integrations and data reporting remotely, and guide you through any maintenance and troubleshooting issues. And if needed I could fly onsite to train or do mock audits of your quality system. I am currently in Oregon and have an OLCC handler’s permit for Oregon based businesses.

3 Likes

If you need any help writing reports for this stuff, HMU.

I had to do way too much method validation / verification work in a past life.

Doing it for cannabis would be so much better. <3

2 Likes

Are the peaks labeled correctly?

1 Like

And where is delta-9 ?

Could you please detail the other analytes separated here?

Edit: I apologize, I did not paid attention to the link with the details.

1 Like

Contact phenomenex and see if they will send you a column and run the method to prove it. I would do it myself if I had access to a lab

2 Likes

Bump : I would be open to run your HPLC and do the integrations and data reporting remotely, and guide you through any maintenance and troubleshooting issues. And if needed I could fly onsite to train or do mock audits of your quality system. I am currently in Oregon and have an OLCC handler’s permit for Oregon based businesses.

1 Like

I contacted them, so hopefully they get back in touch. Will keep you updated.

1 Like

Unless I went to the wrong app note, I think it has CBN as peak 8, d8 as peak 9, and d9 as peak 10. Still good separation but not as good as if peak 8 was d8.

2 Likes

Can you share the link to the note you have please?

I think there is confusion since the page shows it at 8:

In the one posted above, D9 comes first then D8, typical C18.

3 Likes

Heard back from Phenomenex:

"Thanks for your inquiry and for reporting this.
Yes, you are right! On the website probably some of the name for some analytes are mixed up.
Please check here for the correct elution order:

Cannabinoids - Luna Omega 3µm and 5µm Polar C18
https://view.highspot.com/viewer/6601291252e875fc00890dff

I will report immediately to our web team to fix it.

Please note that, even this is not the case, some parameters like elution order, retention, resolution might vary among different C18 phases. This happens because the material itself can be different (Surface area, pore size, carbon load, different type of silica material), but also the endcapping might vary. In this particular case Luna Omega Polar C18 is a special polar endcapped phase, that contains a polar group linked to the silica, that provide a very specific polar selectivity that can differe from a typical C18."

4 Likes