ISO seed cleaning service, Southern CO

In search of seed cleaning services ASAP preferably in southern Colorado. Got ~750 lbs of greenhouse hand schucked material that needs threshed and separated. 2 large supersacs. Can get it done north of Denver but would prefer not to haul it up 5 hours from Alamosa. Got pulled over last time spent 2 hours explaining to a squad of cops ‘ it’s not marijuana ‘ lol if anyone got this equipment or knows of someone who does please help me out!

It can be done by hand if you don’t mind the work. The cheapest machine is a clipper office tester, about $3k, but it is still a lot of work. I did a crop about half that size with a clipper by myself, but I could do it without the machine now that I understand how it works.

Yea we’ve done it in the past the hand grinding it is torture though we built a separator that works good. I’ve got a 1 man crew.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I made a zig zag, too. They work by weight, good at cleaning chaff out of seeds. Gravity separators work by density. The clipper I mentioned uses technology over a hundred years old. Principles of gravity separation are used in a lot of mining equipment. With great patience, bouncing a plastic box in your hands will do the job.

1 Like

Got any pics? Seems pretty neat!