ISO: Remediation SOP needed for Arsenic and PCNB

I haven’t come across a pesticide that I wasn’t able to remove with media filtration or washes…but they’ve all been common pests like Myclobutanil, Tebuconazole and Bifenthrin.

Has anyone successfully remediated heavy metals esp. arsenic?

My client also needs to remediate the fungicide PCNB… (Pentachloronitrobenzene)

The contaminated cannabis trim (L2L) has arsenic and PCNB below action levels but the concentrates push it over the PASSing threshold…

2 Likes

Any clue how the arsenic contamination happened?

3 Likes

@Dr.stanky in the cultivation cycle of this material… as it landed in the extraction facility pre-contaminated. The specific source/cause is unknown

2 Likes

oh shoot… that’s the PCNB levels…let me zoom in on the heavy metals panel

1 Like

Heavy metals will not distill, you should easily be able to remove them through distillation

I hear T5 works good for HM remediation also

3 Likes

heard. thanks

water washes at acidic conditions usually potentiate the movement of heavy metals into the water phase.

MagSil PR should also pull arsenic, I don’t know about T5, but yeah.

2 Likes

I got a couple processes that may work text me brother :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks all…

I am very well versed in these methods and appreciate the suggestion and insight that they may be efficacious in this application as well!

2 Likes

Silver nitrate likes metals :wink::shushing_face:

3 Likes

@Mosaic_Co-Labs
Are you remediating bifenthrin? If so what is the OP? My friend has a bunch of crude testing hot for this. I know its not water soluble.

Will it stay in the mother liquor after isolation?

1 Like

I’ve got an SOP for removing Bifenthrin that I submitted to @Future awhile back. It’s slightly revised from the standard pest remediation SOP in the GLG SOP folder. Not sure if my revision was added to the folder or not…

2 Likes

Hey @Mosaic_Co-Labs can you send me the revised SOP for Bifenthrin remediation?

1 Like

Hey @Mosaic_Co-Labs I’m still interested in the SOP for Bifenthrin Remediation!

I can’t message you for some reason. So DM so we can work something out

1 Like

I tried calling you yesterday around 7pm