ISO % question for extraction

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=denature

I ment the take away or alter the natural qualities of.
part. or to modify the molecular structure of (something, such as a protein or DNA) especially by heat, acid, alkali, or ultraviolet radiation so as to destroy or diminish some of the original properties and especially the specific biological activity part.
I’ve always refereed to dehydrating fullly as denaturing.
Guess I need to rethink my usage of that because like you said, it ALSO means:

• make (alcohol) unfit for drinking by the addition of toxic or foul-tasting substances…
    doh…
1 Like

Yeah, when it first came out I heard good things about it. But now it’s not reviewed so well and seems the consensus is you get a nicer product with just 190-195% eth.

Can say that again. Tho if I was gonna be dealing with tonnes of it I would deff look into that.

I’ve been smoking iso washed oil for a long time and not dead yet. But yes. For the sake of health… lol.
My young body probably just delt with it easier to.

Lool, that sounds interesting for the resulting product but for what I’m looking for maybe a lil one step forward two back kinda thing XP
Also 700 bux for a roto? I’m making one for like 25 or less lol. Deff would never be able to afford one of those on my “salary” x.x

Why is this in quotations?

Homie is printing his own dollar bills too.

4 Likes

Damn it, I thought I was being clever. :octopus::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Making a roto for 25$? You could buy a model train rpm controller and a small motor for a little more than that and go from there.

There’s a video around here on a DIY rotovap and a DIY kuglerohr.

The model train rpm controller thing and a small engine is how I would do it.

1 Like

$25 huh? This I gotta see.

Please update folks over here on your build…

Build a Rotovap

9 Likes

Just thought I’d update everyone, thank you for just talking me into going ethanol/everyclear. Way less stressful. Hitting 90+% recovery on just basic distillation setup. 750ml was enough to recover a tonne and cost me 17 bucks after tax at my local shop. Worth it to just for not having to stress on doing a full purge =) (I don’t mind a lil nipper in my gummies, but the remainder will prob just evap off anyway.) Almost scarred of the solution I made, it’s like… Alot alot of cannabis concentrate re-concentrated down to like… a very small amount. Almost mind boggled how so much oil got picked up in so little everyclear. Gonna be fun testing this out ;p

3 Likes

'attaboy, good job, bud.

1 Like

Thanks mate =D This solution looks hallucinogenic o.0;; lol

After you do a few runs the everclear will have terpenes and other chlorophyll like compounds that leave a slightly green hue to the alcohol. Make sure to watch for that as it can hinder the extraction efficiency

1 Like

Isopropyl alcohol is more toxic to your body(liver and brain) then ethanol, but its metabolites are not carcinogenic, whereas ethanol breaks down into acetaldehyde which is thought to be the main way alcohol consumption causes cancer.

2 Likes

With that being said, which one should be used.

1 Like

This acetaldehyde byproduct is further broken down into an acetate ion and then into water and co2 provided your body has the necessary enzymes which many asian people do not. If your face gets really red when you drink you may not have the necessary enzymes to break down the ethanol. Otherwise it is the safer option.

1 Like

If you’re concerned about trace quantites, as long as resduals are under LOQ, then either. Your liver has the capacity to metabolize these residuals without spilling the metabolites back into the bloodstream. It’s the higher drinking quantities that is at issue. All the concerns of acetaldehyde are at drinking levels far above LOQ. The exceptions might be patients with impaired liver or kidney functionality, such as MCAS (Mast Cell Activation Syndrome). In cases of impairment, it’s up to the patient’s condition if they have Chemical Intolerance (CI). Isopropyl and Acetone should be considered. Isopropyl breaks down into Acetone which is a ketone used for an energy source. Your liver creates acetone when breaking down lipids, so acetone is safer biologically that ethanol turned into acetaldehyde. Again, this would be patient dependent based on their CI at or below LOQ.
I’ve been searching the past month for studies on residual trace health effects, but very few exist outside paywalls. If you have any, I’d love to read them.

4 Likes

Sci-hub is good for getting around those. If they don’t have what you need, wosonhj might be able to help you - I’ve found it to be a very useful community for papers I can’t find elsewhere.

Of course, these resources should only be used for getting copies of scientific papers that you have the legal right to access, because respecting the rights and restrictions of copyright holders is Important and Good.

1 Like

Which you should be able to do - if you are a resident of any state in the US via the public library or community college library or local university.

Accessing them isn’t hard to do (so you can read them) republishing, plagiarizing them to other places is where you should consider drawing the hardline.

5 Likes