ISO processors looking for contracts on CBG biomass

Title is pretty self explanatory.
We are thinking about going hard on CBG hemp this planting season… Roughly 600 acres.

Any processors out there looking to contract with farm(s) for this upcoming harvest season??
We’d prefer to contract now than try to figure out what to do with all the biomass in October/November.

1 Like

Do you know how many 2019 contracts were honored (like, any?)

IMO - Think of a different plan. There are no guarantees. Don’t trust anyone that says they’ll pay this or buy that in fall 2020. The landscape is currently littered with farmer bodies who did just that. You should expect eye opening changes, bankruptcies, failures, market pivots between now and then.

8 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Definitely a good point.

Edit: On the same token, I am sure there were contracts out there that were honored. I bet the big guys like Mile High honored their contracts. That’s what we are looking for. A reputable processor.

1 Like

Then again Gencanna just filed for Chapter 11:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/leading-kentucky-hemp-processor-gencanna-files-for-bankruptcy-2020-02-06

And Folium has been up to some alleged shady practices too:
https://cannabislaw.report/lawsuit-alleges-secret-cash-payments-by-colorado-cbd-company-ceo-kashif-shan/

So I’m not sure I trust the big guys anymore than a small lab. They’re heavily invested in infrastructure in a free falling market and simply can’t sell enough to cover their costs let alone make a profit.

7 Likes

It’s still hard for big guys to honor their contracts too. Say for example they sign a contract now saying they will pay $2.50/ppp cbg. Then come harvest they are able to get it for $1.25/ppp. They will just brush you off for the cheapest thing available. Those companies have more overhead than anyone and have to maintain the highest profit margins in order to keep their operations in the positive.

3 Likes

I would also be weary about the cbg, does the general public know anything about it? Is grandma going to just through out the cbd and start juicing the cbg? I feel it already takes enough persuading getting the masses to try cbd betteryet cbg? Us as medicine providers and salesmen have already shot ourselves in the foot by proclaiming CBD to be the healing cannabinoid of the world?! But I guess only time will tell :joy::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Personally, I think the market for CBG only products will be minimal. However, I think there is potential for extracting CBD and CBG strains then blending the final oil. I don’t think it would be unreasonable to expect tinctures with a significant percentage of each.

3 Likes

I agree with the blending 100%

1 Like

33/33/33 CBD/THC/CBG, that’d be a fun experiment.

1 Like

God damn, that’s nuts about Gencanna.

Idk if I would call Folium ‘reputable’ though lol. Notorious might be a better word.

You’re right though, valid points. That’s exactly why I posted here. Appreciate the feedback man.

Yeah I had this same thought. I told the owners here I didn’t think it was the best idea after seeing CBG come to market and already crash in a matter of months…

But I thought if we could get a contract, why not?
But you guys have all brought up really good points. Contract is really just a piece of paper… I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

show me the company paying $5500 a liter for distillate now, because they said they would back in June of last year.

I know guys around me who think someone is going to pay them $2800 a liter for hot distillate when they finally get it extracted and to market. I told them I don’t think they’ll get half of that, but they have a contract from last June, so I guess we’ll see…

We are still sitting on a pile of CBG bio from 2019. Not planning to expand that production for 2020. The oil blends are really nice, we are doing a 50/50 D & G for retail and a CBG/CBD/THC vape cart for home use that I love.

2 Likes

this is really valuable info. thanks for sharing brotha :metal:

Call me 8054588815