avoid the gunk

that month long soak
is &^#(&@)((_)ing bunk!

8 Likes

tgroovy

1 Like

Just needs a pumpā€¦(and a fancy name)

5 Likes

I donā€™t think people ā€œboil the plant matterā€ in making rso/feco.
The alcohol dissolves the Thc fairly quickly at room temp and even doing it super cold itā€™s still fastā€¦the longer it sits around it gathers chlorophyll and other shit

2 Likes

Why not a pesticide/fertsprayerā€¦:yum::yum::yum:

Im doing this tonightā€¦ And youll get blamed by the wife for another night session in the lab :)))

1 Like

:man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

I tested in on a straight unprocessed etoh extract and during filtration post winterisation.

1 Like

@MimiEmu

Terpenes being retained?

Boiling in water, that seems like a preety non modest statementā€¦

You should be loosing them with almost every step of the process, not judging just a bit suprised by this statementā€¦

1 Like

And it all tubes down to a gyroscopic decentralizer bucketā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit:I aint an native english speakerā€¦

1 Like

Same tool, slightly different trick.

Ye olde Maytag performed both as well.

@GrzA yep, a pressure sprayer along the lines of image

Would absolutely give a minimal viable product when paired with a foot powered cannabis disorienter (mop bucket). If the vent were replaced with a prv, one could do stupid things like drop dry ice directly in to both cool & pressurize the solvent.

Really concerned that I might have to actually implement this.

Note that this one already comes with a nameā€¦eliminate those nasty FECO traits from your RSO.

ā€¦which may or may not be a worthwhile goal.

There are a LOT of 2ndary metabolites in cannabis

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been using one of those to do water washes on my alkane layer :joy::joy:

Was thinking about refining thc-a with it in a similar manner with a high pH washā€¦

2 Likes

One atep ahead of u bb!

The wife was f****pissed

5 Likes

, :sob::yum::sob::sob::yum::sob:

1 Like

Simpli-Magic Spin Mop 4 Heads Included, Basic, Blue

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V6V1Z56/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_JZ6KKFD1DC420X6XPE1N

Hey Grza,

Sorry for the lag, I needed to publish my work before getting ahead of myself. RSO 2.0 addresses the heat issue. Extraction temps can now be done from as low as 120f. At that temp, Terps will still be lost no doubt, so think of this as a way to minimize losses.

Check out the website for details:

I just published the new process in another thread:

Hey Guys, got something for you to see. @Beaker started this thread years ago and its fitting to announce this here. Beaker was so very close to an amazing find. Take a look at this video. This is a Charles Goodyear accidental discovery of vulcanizing rubber, a literal ā€˜Oh Shitā€™ momentā€¦

This is @PharmExOregon doing the pour, Iā€™m making the video. What you are seeing is what I call ā€˜Brine Isopropyl Degummingā€™. In order to keep down the typing, Iā€™ve created this writeup (sorry for all the hyperbole as its meant for the consumer market.). Hereā€™s how it worksā€¦

Basically, you can now degum by extracting with 99% ISO (91% works tooā€¦) , Add brine, shake, and the phospholipids precipitate in clouds of particulate, similar to a Snow Globe. Not only that, but the brine wash also absorbs proteins, sugars, acids, trichome shells. NO FILTERING NEEDED!!! Just siphon off the alcohol layer and youā€™re ready to reduce to oilā€¦

Give it a try. Hereā€™s the the Operating Procedure in a Quick Start format.

Brine Isopropyl Degumming is great for making RSO at home, some thought will have to go into to take this to industrial scale. 91% ISO does work which means you can recycle your alcohol with simple distillation.

4 Likes

I think we can now call this ā€˜Well Knownā€™ā€¦ Heā€™s doing it with other chemicals, my process is Isopropyl, salt and water. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing. Am I correct in assuming that after filtering the icey brine, an additional standard ethanol winterization is recommended to pull significant waxes out of the solution that the brine doesnā€™t pick up? Would be awesome if the purity didnā€™t heavily depend on a final ethanol winterization but if thereā€™s waxes the brine leaves and ethanol picks up, it would make sense.

I am recommending to do winterization after the first reduction. This way you use as little as a 1/4 cup ethanol instead of quarts and gallons. Its much more cost effective to use Isopropyl (with its super powers) for the bulk extraction, then use Ethanol for the small final reduction.

I blew off the winterization in the video for time purposes. Donā€™t take that to mean I donā€™t recommend winterization, each piece helps and thatā€™s really easy to do in the freezer.

Now take a look at the bigger picture. Phospholipids are much worse than wax because it causes emulsions; whereas, waxes just make it thicker. You donā€™t want to smoke eitherā€¦ The priority should be on phospholipids then waxes. Each has its own method of removal, they canā€™t be done at once. The best part about using brine, is the water also absorbs sugars, acids and proteins. Anything polar or semi-polar like the phospholipids, gets pulled into the brine out of the alcohol.

Did I miss anything?

Yes, just thought of this. There will be a winterization video coming soon showing a new filter setup for home.

I read your SOP and it is confusing. In the abstract it discusses making and using saturated salt brine. In the SOP itself however it only mentions adding club soda, not brine.