ISO A good cheap solution to filtering crude

Try a warm filtering after its all dissolved, i do 1 warm/room temp filter in a table top bel art then into freezer for the night final filtering in a stainless steel filter with staged papers 4-1 and then sub micron. Does about 6-7 gallons or a car boy im about 15 mins. Yours is co2 also so your gonna have more fats/ waxes than most usually

2 Likes

We had to get down to sub micron to clear it all up. @ 1 micron, we still had visible trash. @ .45 micron, we couldn’t see any trash with the naked eye.

3 Likes

@BainbridgeLabTech I’d be happy to discuss filtration options if you are interested. The concern with bags and lenticulars will be the lipid/wax content of your CO2 crude. You will blind them off quickly, and lenticulars are too expensive for that! Shoot me a DM or email dbowers@ertelalsop.com if you’re interested in chatting.
Thanks
Dave

1 Like

it puts the cannabis in the tube?

1 Like

“We had to get down to sub micron to clear it all up. @ 1 micron, we still had visible trash”

You’d have to have leaks during filtration then. A human hair is about 70 micron, the human eye can see down to about 40 microns. If you were seeing particulate it was dramatically larger than 1 micron.

4 Likes

Truth be told, the filters were not up to par to begin with. When we dropped in micron size, we also opted for way better filters as well. So, yes sir. I left out an important detail that is definitely worth mentioning. Good catch.

Through a bench test, we found some of the material was able to bypass the filter. Since then, we have tweaked the filter skid and added a third and fourth stage of filtration.

1 Like

Thought I’d at least post the updated filtration set up now.

2 Likes

2 Likes

https://extractorsolutions.com/shop/extractors/color-remediation/filter-plates/12-1-micron-sintered-mesh-filter-plate/?network=g&device=c&keyword&campaign=9002156834&adgroup=pla-987326199007