Is this thca or fats/wax/lipids?

It looks like you’re keeping them pretty cold between videos and pics. How cold, for how long?

1 Like

Well what you see is at room temp in the house… but what’s in the jar is so cold ots buildingnup ice and frost on the outside on the jars fast.

When I’m blasting its outside … winter… was roughly -7 to -12 plus windchill factor.
Because it’s cold out I have a hard time keeping water bath temps above 75 and sometimes the solvent will make the water icey.
If I’m.doing a big run (4 lbs or so) and I have alot of solvent to boil down(more than my 4 liter can fit lol) what I will do is fill the 4 liter half full or so and start to boil it and use another jar to collect solvent out bottom of the tube… then dump it back into the 4 liter to boil away with the rest.

Today I noticed separation again until I was able to keep water temps consistently high enough to melt it back onto the solution.

1 Like

based on the way you’re doing this (thanks for all the 1k word substitutes), chances are, much if not most of what you’re crashing out is probably fats.

methanol would probably be the most diagnostic solvent. if your mystery substance goes into methanol easily, then it’s not fats/waxes, and is likely THCA.

my guess is some will dissolve, most will not.

see @beaker’s Wax in solvent solubility test

4 Likes