Is this recovery cylinder safe

I’m sorry if this is the wrong category I just want to make sure of 2 things one is this product safe and two if this looks the way it should

I bought this recovery cylinder from bvv because they had the best price on their site for it I paid for a new tank but I received this tank that is 2 years old so 20 percent of the tanks life expectancy has already past before needing to have it recertified and there’s corrosion around the seal of the valve going into the tank and looks like they did a poor job applying the sealant as it looks like there’s pin holes in the area where the rust is and no sealant visible from the top where the rust is should I argue that they should allow me to return it and have them ship me another tank one that’s not 2 years old already and rusty like this

These are just gas cylinders. Don’t recover into your cylinder. Use an same rated solvent vessel made of 304 stainless or better with a prv on it

6 Likes

Answering your questions
Yes the product is safe if the expiration date for it s next check has not expired
Yes it looks like the way it should
Now all tha @Extractionperson says makes sense as well
Since it seems you are gooing to use the cylinder are you aware how to ?
Search bar and the manual of THe terpenator are a good start

1 Like

I can’t recover into this tank? Bvv told me I could recover to it if I hook it up to the vapor port during recovery otherwise I wouldn’t have bought this and I would have made a stainless vessel to store and recover my butane

You can but not recomended
The tank is most likely dirty inside and
Keeping it in your closed loop means keeping the contamination in the loop
Most comon contaminants are rust ,mistery oil and of late Medusa creating contaminants

2 Likes

You can

I wouldn’t.

Thanks for the input…they did say it is stored with nitrogen to keep it dry I’m extra skeptical because when I opened the valve to pull a vac on it to fill it there was no nitrogen that came out which led me to believe there’s a possibility this tank isn’t even sealed properly but I haven’t tried to put anything in or maintain a vac on it to see if it leaks I just stopped where I was when no nitrogen came out

Ahh it a new empty tank ?

Yes it is a new empty tank but like I said it was supposed to be charged with nitrogen but nothing came out when I opened the valve

can you tell this was made for gas because of the color/shape of the metal? Just curious how you picked that up so fast from the picture. I feel like gas products look like a copper/brass color and are rougher.

Also is 316 better or worse quality than 304?

You are right. It could have been made for gummy worms or nacho cheese.

316 better. Pharma requires all wetted parts to be 316.

That’s senior citizen Johnny depp and his tubby dull assistant’s big sales pitch

2 Likes