Is this mantle used/refurbed?

Quick opinion request. I recently ordered a new heating mantle from a us company (whom I won’t name for now as I don’t jump to bashing). I ordered the 2 liter 110v ts-2000 which seemed to be the best budget mantle. First mantle they shipped me was the older blue model, and also a 220v version. Completely unuseable. Further more I noticed a stripped out of place screw, and other small signs that it may have been used. After talking to them, they agreed and sent me the proper one I ordered and a return slip to send the old one back… I got the new one today. First things I notice. The mantle has been very burned in. The last one I got mantle fabric was white, and came with instructions on proper burn in. Second I notice there’s no clear white plastic over the display as usual, and on top of that there’s a sticky streak of something on the buttons. Next I notice the temp probe is somewhat dirty with several spots of what appear to be rust? The clap and stand included have several scratches, damaged areas. And I also notice scuffs and slight cosmetic damage around the body of the mantle. Manufacture date says April 2019, but there’s a tested sticker that says 7/19 so I’m wondering basically… is this a refurbed unit?? The first one they sent me, two days later I see they put on clearance sale so I fee they tried to push that on me and get rid of it. Opinions?

If its from who I think it is (I’m 99% sure I’m correct), they test any and all products from leakphang. Call them up and ask for David. He owns that place, he will get you sorted out.

They also post (occasionally) on here.

I know all this shit comes from China. I just don’t get why the last mantle had no burn in at all and looked new, while this one is completely brown, plus all the other things I noted. Rust on my probe?

My elcheapo super junk mantles from them havent been tested. I thinking the higher end (lol) items like the blue or black base mantle, all the vac pumps, chillers, heaters, etc get tested.

I get that. But the last one they sent was fully tested but had no burn in. Logic would say if they already did the burn in, they wouldn’t require me to do it. And again, all the other things like the dirty ass screen lol

I burned mine in once I got it. It was previously burned in and a tested sticker was on it.

Spoke with the seller. The first gentleman asked if there was a recertified sticker on it and I said no. He said it sounds like I may have gotten a recertified one. Sent me to another guy. The second guy assured me they don’t send out refurbished or recertified mantles and only sell them in store. Stated that the burned fabric is from them doing the burn in, but he had no explanation for why the plastic screen cover was missing, why there is crusty yellow shit all over the front, why there is rust on the probe, etc.

I can’t really wait another week for another replacement which at this point kind of feels like they are pushing crap out the door. I’m gonna fire it up and see how it works. Atleast they have a warranty of sorts and I’m not dealing with China.

Over all, I won’t do business with this company again. And although I’m not going to say my business will break their bank, it’s at a time where we had considerable equipment upgrades that we considered using them for. Live and learn