Is this coa hot?

Hello, I am attempting to have a future4200 member make me softgels. My coa was 70% CBD and 3%THC.
I mixed the cbd crude at 8% to 92% MCT Oil. (8 gallons mct oil and 2,300 grams of 70% CBD. I didnt have a coa of the mixed solution so the manufacturer obtained one and is saying that my mixture is still hot… the coa shows .169%thc but the manufacturer is insisting that its 1% thc and must be diluted more before making softgels. Is this hot???

1 Like

Its not hot. It’s under 0.3% total thc. Unless they are going for a non detect, it’s not hot. That should be 50 State legal. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

yes, those are compliant.
where were you aiming?

if the “manufacturer” can’t tell 1% THC from 0.2% THC when reading a COA, you’re lucky they got even close on the formulation.

the COA itself isn’t ideal. only a clown would give 3 significant digits on those potencies.

only the first decimal has any real support.

How Accurate is Cannabis Potency Testing? - CaNorml.org
No analytical testing lab demonstrated precision that supports reporting cannabinoid results to two decimal places. By unnecessarily reporting results to the one-hundredth percentile, some labs created an unrealistic illusion of precision that raises false expectations regarding the degree to which accuracy is possible, given the 20% variation observed. Conclusion: Labs should re-evaluate the precision level at which results are reported

5 Likes

I formulated it myself and took it to them and they tested it but Thank you I keep telling them it’s not hot and they insist it is and I must dilute it more. Which is strange because I mixed 27,936 grams of mct to 2,300 grams 70%cbd. This 30,236 grams total. 70%CBD=1,610,000mg CBD. 1,610,000/30,236= 52mg/grams.

And the thc was 3.1% predilution. 2,300grams x .031= 71.3grams thc. 71,300/30,236=2.34mg/gram. Or .23%thc.

It’s strange because the ratios of cbd:thc on their coa is Identical to the ratios of our crude. However their coa is showing our solution to be about 30% less strong than what I mixed it???

I know for 100% fact I mixed 8gallons mct oil to 2,300grams of 70%crude. Wtf is going on here?

Here’s the coa predilution

1 Like

I was aiming for an 8%dilution so 50ish mg/gram cbd and .2%thc

I would probably start looking for a new manufacturer.

Also you can call the lab and have them reformat the COA to show % so its more clear for the next manufacturer.

@thesk8nmidget we are going with someone else. I thought since they were a level 2 hemp slinger and glg member I would be treated right but I was being nieve.

2 Likes

would be interested to see who it is. care to post?

2 Likes

i’d like to know as well so I can avoid doing business with them

1 Like

Reading is fundamental. This is the red flag where you go get your product back and find another manufacturer. If they can’t read and comprehend a coa don’t expect anything else to go well

2 Likes