Is this a good vacuum pump for my xd 5l spd

So I have a 5l xtractor depot spd. I can’t seem to get the vacuum low enough. I have an Edward’s 2-stage pump. It use to get vacuum, but after resetting up my short path, it won’t pull vacuum low enough I found this pump someone is selling, I was wondering if it would work

1 Like

Has to be a catch at $125ea…

3 Likes

Apparently this lady bought out a store and there was a bunch of these vacuum pumps in the storage. Shes been trying to see them for a year and she said no one has hit her up.

I may buy all of them off her and resell some

1 Like

I’d say you want a 14-21cfm pump.

That might be a bit undersized still.

3 Likes

@Killa12345 and @Hansel are right about the pump size. I’d like a couple of those for some other uses around the lab…but I couldn’t find it. Did you already snag that whole lot?

1 Like

I wonder what other low-key treasures they left behind

3 Likes

She said it was an ex hydro shop. I tried to see what she had found but she said she sold everything but those

This pump will not serve you well for it is singel stage

Oops singel phase :crazy_face:
Low cfm thou

Had to look up what other places were selling them for. For $125, fuck it. Buy one and see what she does.

2 Likes

Thinking about buying all 10 and selling it on eBay for like 1500 bucks each

1 Like

That’s funny because she hasn’t been able to sell them for $125 for a year, and you think you can get $1500? I mean props to you if that happens, I respect the hustle…

1 Like

The pump on the pic is absolutely garbage. They are based off the wusung platform and castings. If made in korea they are a 3/10. If made in china from supplier parts they are a 2/10.

Check out woosung. They are the worst company known to man with the shittiest parts available and horrible warranty issues. The better versions are direct from woosung sold by cacegen and welch. But still those are the “better” ones. If you see a pump that looks like woosung it most likely is.

The bare min on a 5l spd should be a Edwards 28/30 for main body and a sogevac or similar single stage pump for the heads or entry distillation to the main body.

The reason why people have these pumps laying around is due to the heavy failure rate, bad warranty, doa, no sales a d lots of attempted returns. If pumps are stacked up laying around it’s a red flag to not buy them.

The people who sell those 100 dollar woosung pumps for 1-2k or whatever prob lost alot of money over time and are sitting on huge stock piles wondering when the one sale comes through that pays for the wholesale order thinking someone will not complain when they realize the pumps are bad.

2 Likes

That’s weird. My Balzers Duo 004 B backed by a KNF N880.3 AN.22 E does it all in on go and for 1/10th the price… i guess I’m doing it all wrong :man_shrugging:

1 Like