Is this a clip for boiling flask?

I’m having trouble getting my boiling flask on… there was no plastic clip.

Seems like this may be it.

Hi, what make and model rotary evaporator do you have?

1 Like

yeah so the gray plastic part is the clip, essentially what you want to do, is unscrew the gray part down, the you should be able bring the metal bar down around the lip of the flask and screw the gray part up again towards the roto motor. ill make a video to show you how to do it because its kinda hard to explain in words. but yes you do have a clip!!

3 Likes

Here you can see that clip engaged. this should be enough info to figure it out, if i need to make a video for you showing operation let me know, im happy to assists you in securing your flask.

3 Likes

I hate those clips. Don’t tighten it too much or you’ll break the glass. And not necessarily immediately it can spontaneously happen hours into run

2 Likes

I always use a bit of silicone wrap tape on that joint. It scares me.

3 Likes

lmao, I remember my first buchi… those were the days… ;>
yeah pretty sure I did the same thing when I came across a buchi combi clip for the first time

1 Like

I have also used just electrical tape with great success, the only reason for the clip anyways is if you drop vac before grabbing the flask, that’s why it’s just a clip and not more secure vacuum holds it

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys, I’ve just been setting up during the holiday and everything I thought was going to be easy. wasnt. Hooking the damn tubing was a huge annoyance also. All my valve pump/water heads on my aspirator were different then glass. got her going though.

It took us until 68-72 degree Celsius to see condensation running straight cold tap water, My pump read .06. Thinking we were not pulling enough vac even though on my vac gauge its in the yellow.

1 Like