Is there a way to inhibit the edible conversion in the body safely?

I was curious if there’s a way to inhibit delta 8 thc from converting into 11 hydroxy delta 8 thc when eaten. I know ayuwaska uses an inhibitor to make it orally active. It inhibits enzymes that would make the dmt not work which I assume makes it stay as dmt. I’m pretty sure this could also be done with decarbed edibles but would the chemicals required to do this be safe? Also are they legal to purchase without a prescription? This may be something to look into as not every one wants to take an edible that will be a lot more potent than smoking/vaping. This may be a good idea but if you plan on doing this please do research and I am not responsible if anything goes wrong

Why wouldn’t you just take a less potent mg?

1 Like

Exactly!.
If a whole 50mg edible is too potent, eat half or a quarter of said edible. It doesnt get any easier than that.

I’ve read that you can partially bypass the first pass metabolism of thc to 11-oh-thc by ingesting the thc sublingually. Maybe try holding tincture under your tongue for 20 minutes instead of swallowing an edible.

2 Likes

I believe the only molecule that actually does to an effective degree is ethanol based, I think some of the MCT oil gets through but it’s not much.

MEdium chain triglycerides are taken up in a different manner that is more direct to the liver than long chain and are therefore more efficient that way for certain I do know.

There are also capsules that are designed to withstand the stomach acid and not release until later in your digestion, these are more likely to hit even in patients resistant to oral ingestion. It does take a little longer for effects though, 15-35 minutes more.

1 Like

That’s a solid idea. OP try spraying your gel cap with food grade lacquer. I’ve heard that provides a nice enteric coating that will prevent your capsule from degrading in the stomach.

1 Like

That’s the word I was looking for. They sell them pre-coated on Amazon :beers:

2 Likes