Is there a way to change the black and white text/background

I absolutely love this place!
Truly an amazing amount of knowledge here.
My only issue is I can only read for a short time with the black background and white text. It really messes with me to the point I have to close my eyes after 30 minutes and I can still see the text with my eyes closed.
Is there a way to invert the text and background color or change it in any way?
Thanks in advance for any help.

@sidco would another theme be too much work?

@ZCRAZED1 have you asked your browser to override?

3 Likes

There’s several browser extensions that can help you.

Another theme option would be nice though.

3 Likes

I am using a phone lately but I am my woman tried to figure it out with chrome. At one point we got it to somewhat look different but it was so out there it was worse that the standard contrast, almost neon fuzzy appearance. Lol. On her iPhone it seems easy to do. I’m iPhone illiterate.

Thank you for the link, I will definitely try to figure that out.
I thought there would be some way to change it, I’m just not that inclined in this area.
I truly do appreciate the help!

1 Like

It was easy to achieve on my phone….but the pictures I took to prove it were actually stored as white on black an “reverted” as soon as I turned the feature off.

Did you do it on an android?
If so I would love to know how.
Very much appreciated.

I installed a light theme called “graceful”
Go to your User Preferences > Interface > Theme
And select graceful. It has white background, black text.

6 Likes

Sidco, what platform are you speaking of?
Android, PC with chrome, the 4200 application or discord in general? I have a note 20 phone.

Ah apologies, that is for this site specifically. If you click your user icon in the top right and click the little guy icon on the center right of the menu that pops up. I sent you a DM with a direct link to the page where you change the theme here

1 Like

I don’t know what sidco did but holy hell it worked!
This guy is a wizard!
I can read for hours now.
Thank you!
Thank you!

2 Likes