Is there a market for high THCv products?

It someone’s life project I’ve been blessed to play with.

2 Likes

THCV products exist for synthetics of both d8/9 in high 90+ purity’s, but cultivating something to 20% for effective natural extraction is still quite a few years down the road from what I’ve seen. If varins has d8 it is probably synthetic as it is a common conversion isomer. I know of a company that sells THCv 98+ of either, but they are shady about disclosing that it is synthetic.

Right well aware of synthetic route, my inquiry is into naturally occurring THCv and THCva flower crude rosin ect. Like If it existed right now would there be demands for it?

The synthetic stuff flies off the shelf, so yes a natural one would be high demand.

What do you think a lb of federally compliant high thcv hemp flower be worth?

How is it compliant? I doubt a THCV strain is without higher THC d9 than hemp allows, and if you know something then congratulations that’s impressive honestly. It would be it’s own market, but I would find out how much mass is required for extraction/distillation to high percent (repeat distillations as needed) so as to compare the market value of THCV synthetic (d9 not d8) distillate out there now and then back calculate to flower? That would give you an estimate, but natural is usually worth more than synthetic still. Also if your saying hemp flower, does that mean high CBD?

1 Like

It can be done comparatively cheaper then synthetics in terms of raw cost at scale, but if there isnt a big enough market for it is it worth exploring vs the already working synthetic options, that’s the question

2 Likes

The synthetics are mostly d8 varins, they list the purity together as just THCV total in most COAs so I only know of a couple making the d9 varins 90+ so even just not having d8 already is a plus. Personally I would say it is worth it, but you will have to show people that is d9v and why that is important. I would also expect distilled or higher purity products would be in more demand than flower.

Lol this is funny.

OBX took them over. Makes sense it’s all converted.

Yeah. Now I’m game.

THCV_-The-Sports-Car-of-Cannabinoids.pdf (50.2 KB)

Thanks for making me dig @coop

1 Like

Hemp flower let’s say ~$750/lb a year after introduction? Of course, initially it’d be much more. I feel like it’d absolutely destroy in the EU and Africa though.

After thinking about it, I’d be 100% down to develop some D8 and D9 THCV products

3 Likes

Hmu. I wanna know what’s new in your world. @SISU

1 Like

If anyone is interested in high purity Delta-9 THCV let me know!

We have a few options available today.

Here is a COA for our complaint high D9 THCV; Please check the notes/interpretations section

95% D9 THCV
2% D8 THCV
0.5% CBDV

We also offer a more affordable option that contains similar levels of D9THCV but is about 1% D9 THC… this material is perfect for more cost effective THCV gummies, but obviously is not compliant for vapes.

Hemp derived product but it is converted material.

Aurum THCV COA.pdf (413.1 KB)

3 Likes

Hey just heads up This is a thread peaking into the market interest of natural occurring thcv and thcva products, I’d suggest making your own sale post if you want to sling your product more successfully.
But Regardless, you say this is CBDv converted thcv not and not synthetic from essential oils? What is the cost per gram on production and wholesale? Are you seeing slight interest or good repeat customers? Would it help to have have a cheaper source of raw thcv and thcva?

3 Likes

I’d like to try it, hard to understand the potential market without understanding the product

3 Likes

My radar going off like

dbsfgid-6af8edba-90a5-45b0-aac4-7df242cf735e

Oooo I better pause

@CO_Chromatography

Let’s talk about that 2% d8thcv

Completely converted? Cbdv starting material?

Because I already know OBX kissing dicks for d8thcv and I’m uninterested entirely and offering genuine competitive results.

Apologies, did not mean to hijack your thread. Saw people discussing high THCV products and Wanted to contribute that COA for discussion.

You are correct, this is converted from high CBDV biomass not terpenes and propyl-resorcinols. We have worked very hard to nail this process and had to pull out some tricks for it.

I can’t give you my cost per gram yet, as the price of biomass/crude is fluctuating significantly right now, once that settles out we will have a good idea.

The supply chain is definitely in its infancy and needs some growth before true volume begins to move. A lot of interest for sure, but until THCV is in the $3,000-$5,000 range it’s going to be a challenge to push volume.

A cheaper source of THCV biomass would definitely help make THCV explode, however, that would be out of our wheelhouse (extraction) and more in your area of expertise.

2 Likes

@moveweight

Hemp derived high D9 THCV. Chemically converted still, although I can tell you that our team is primarily from the pharma industry and we only produce the highest quality of converted cannabinoids. We take consumer safety very seriously.

I think you gave us a complement, so thank you…

Let me know if you have more questions.

1 Like

Just appreciating clarification. You know how the market gets these days. This guy uses deodorants while making hash. This guy doesn’t. @CO_Chromatography

Never know what’s on the horizon ;)))

no hijacking took place I actually think you gave some extremely insightful answers, I’d actually love to try the converted thcv side by side to the synthetic and natural forms and see if I can see any difference on my HPLC

2 Likes

Interesting… this is Altria’s cannabis co by the way
https://ir.thecronosgroup.com/news-releases/news-release-details/cronos-group-and-ginkgo-bioworks-announce-achievement-thcv?utm_source=pocket_mylist

1 Like