Is there a market for high THCv products?

Does a market actually exist for high 20%+ thcv flower? Is there a need for 50%+ crude or disty? What about 60%+ THCVa concentrates? Are companies looking for these for products or is it really niche due to the high level of cost associated with current product availability?

2 Likes

Dougsvarin.com

Was the obvious leader. MIA

Completely gone.

https://www.instagram.com/californiacannabinoids/?hl=en

Poof

https://www.californiacannabinoids.com/

Right I’m but I’m not talking about 3-6% flower, I’m talking 20%+ flower and 40%+ extracted products

3 Likes

I’m sure there is, just got to have enough people try it and like it. If Doug’s didn’t make it after years of efforts, it’s a bit disheartening. But I like an opening for newnew.

1 Like

Heavy Hitters dropped a THCV cartridge out in the CA market, so I’d say it’s getting there with more cannabinoids coming from established brands. Smokiez doing D8, etc.

Complete with full Monster Energy-esque branding!

DURBAN VENOM THCV ENERGY VAPE.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the dv got sold to some other company. I don’t know why I’m thinking it was one of the labs or maybe dude from the lab tried to partner up and bring the products to market.

From what I was told from friends in cali is that it just wasn’t a good production plant for multiple reasons and probably why you don’t see much product on the shelf

2 Likes

That would make much more sense.

The highest ive come across so far is 8%+ thc-v with 20%+ thc.

1 Like

Was that flower something you actually purchased, if so would you buy it again? What if the numbers for thcv thc were flipped?

It’s my favorite cannabinoid, but the consumer appetite seems very small at the moment. In the next few years I think it’ll be super popular in beverages, low-dose prerolls, and maybe flower

2 Likes

It someone’s life project I’ve been blessed to play with.

2 Likes

THCV products exist for synthetics of both d8/9 in high 90+ purity’s, but cultivating something to 20% for effective natural extraction is still quite a few years down the road from what I’ve seen. If varins has d8 it is probably synthetic as it is a common conversion isomer. I know of a company that sells THCv 98+ of either, but they are shady about disclosing that it is synthetic.

Right well aware of synthetic route, my inquiry is into naturally occurring THCv and THCva flower crude rosin ect. Like If it existed right now would there be demands for it?

The synthetic stuff flies off the shelf, so yes a natural one would be high demand.

What do you think a lb of federally compliant high thcv hemp flower be worth?

How is it compliant? I doubt a THCV strain is without higher THC d9 than hemp allows, and if you know something then congratulations that’s impressive honestly. It would be it’s own market, but I would find out how much mass is required for extraction/distillation to high percent (repeat distillations as needed) so as to compare the market value of THCV synthetic (d9 not d8) distillate out there now and then back calculate to flower? That would give you an estimate, but natural is usually worth more than synthetic still. Also if your saying hemp flower, does that mean high CBD?

1 Like

It can be done comparatively cheaper then synthetics in terms of raw cost at scale, but if there isnt a big enough market for it is it worth exploring vs the already working synthetic options, that’s the question

2 Likes

The synthetics are mostly d8 varins, they list the purity together as just THCV total in most COAs so I only know of a couple making the d9 varins 90+ so even just not having d8 already is a plus. Personally I would say it is worth it, but you will have to show people that is d9v and why that is important. I would also expect distilled or higher purity products would be in more demand than flower.

Lol this is funny.

OBX took them over. Makes sense it’s all converted.

Yeah. Now I’m game.

THCV_-The-Sports-Car-of-Cannabinoids.pdf (50.2 KB)

Thanks for making me dig @coop

1 Like

Hemp flower let’s say ~$750/lb a year after introduction? Of course, initially it’d be much more. I feel like it’d absolutely destroy in the EU and Africa though.

After thinking about it, I’d be 100% down to develop some D8 and D9 THCV products

3 Likes