Is there a cheap magsil out there?

I’ve got a light orange hue on my distillate and got some annoying customers that aren’t wanting to buy my high potency perfectly bright in pen distillate.

I’ve got some magesol but haven’t noticed it making the super bright clear d9 results that I’ve seen on here with magsil-pr. I’m sure I could slap together some adsorbent combo to make everything pretty, but I do like that water clear look that some people have been getting. Maybe it’ll give me an edge in a highly competitive market.

I’m assuming if I make a column the PR is reusable?

Does anyone got a hookup that won’t cost me $200+/kg

Thx in advance!

2 Likes

You can use silica and get the same results as magsil PR for color, usually takes 2x the silica though

6 Likes

Oh decent… I’ve got a 6" by 6’ column here full of silica lol.

I’ll turn my failed cannabinoid separator into a successful color remediation column :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

3 Likes

Magnasol xl works ok. I think main difference is that magnasol xl hasnt been “activated”. In my experience xl doesnt grab the terpenes but does great for colour remediation with a couple of passes.
Magnasol xl is $150 for 20kg here so not that expensive

3 Likes

Does anyone got a hookup that won’t cost me $200+/kg

If you are still looking for it, we do have it in stock, and for less than that. Currently you can get 2kg bags of Carbon Chemistry MagSil-PR for $250 each on our site. Here’s a link, MagSil-PR That’s $125 per kg. We carry 2kg bags, 5kg box, and the 20kg box in stock, with sale prices on them to make room for the new packaging from Carbon Chemistry.

I’m a bit late seeing this, but I thought I’d let you know.

***edit 4/28/22, packaging, sizes, and price have changed for Carbon Chemistry. We have one 2kg bag left in stock for $250. The new size is 1kg for $160. ***

2 Likes

U can get magsil on amazon for cheap. Its not magsil-pr tho.
I use it in the crc. Bit its not for pesticide removal.

2 Likes