Is psilocybin invasive/permanent

I think if you find it ina cow field then you should come back next year. it does stay but the right conditions ned to happen for it to fruit. it also spreads via spores but i do think it comes back? Mybe thats just spores hatching though?

1 Like

In New England weā€™re Autumn. On the west coast itā€™s spring.

Gotta remember the lucky cows that come by and digest a few shrooms will be the cows to spread the spores. I think their stomach doesnā€™t process the spores and ends up just coming out in the shit, like humans with cornā€¦ Or so Iā€™ve heard.

B+ and Penis Envys are quite resilient to Temps, no?

1 Like

when humans eat corn it makes magic mushrooms? and ive been flushing it.

1 Like

last shroom trip I went to a strip club= i was seeing geometric shapes and the ugliest stripper came up to me and her pockmarks on her face were warping- bad trip. the blacklights made it worse.

1 Like

This guy gets it

1 Like

I have some amazionan penis envy but I know they probably couldnā€™t handle the freezeā€¦otherwise Iā€™m slap full pan cyanescens spore syringes
ā€¦Iā€™m gonna try LC to make syringes as the agar plates I bought seemed not sealed good enough and was contaminated from.day 1

The wood lovers would probably be the easiest as rotted wood is everywhere and Iā€™ve never been in forest I couldnā€™t rake back and find mycelium

Plus the woods would give the indirect light it needs plus protection from the frost a lot better

Iā€™m about to move to my inground storage container to see if I can replicate better Temps in there for cubes and pans as its in direct sunlight all day and half in ground half out hide under the porch

2 Likes

Mycelium can basically be ā€œever growingā€ if it has the right conditions. There are miles and miles of mycelium under your feet. Even if it isnā€™t producing any fruiting bodies, there is still a mycelial network. Sometimes the mycelium can be in a ā€œdormant stateā€ for a while and when conditions are right it fruits.

However mycelium will still die. If the mycelium hits unfavorable conditions or is extremely disturbed it can damage the network. It may not die right away, but it can severely damage and ā€œstuntā€ the growth. Also if the ground is damaged by fire, drought, etc. that can impact the vigor of the myc. Mycelium that also loses its nutritional source can eventually senesce.

I saw someone mentioned the Humongous Fungus, the largest living organism in the world. This is a great specimen because this is a fungi that is actually parasitizing on trees in the PNW. It has a HUGE amount of available food and favorable conditions, so it is basically ever-growing.

There is a lot of info on mycoremediation using fungi. One book that I highly recommend is:
ā€œhttps://www.amazon.com/Organic-Mushroom-Farming-Mycoremediation-Experimental/dp/1603584552ā€

There is so much good info in this book, it is one of my must haves.

Well I gotta run, time to flip a room to flower. Hope this wall of text makes sense.

3 Likes

Grew cubes outdoors way the hell out of their range. Itā€™s possible to colonize massive amounts of compost if you know the trick. None survived freezing winters and temps in the teens.

Azurescens colonized incredibly agressively then was killed by the rains. Go figure. Moisture control problems. Easy to colonize, hard to fruit if youā€™re in the wrong place.

For remediation it really depends on what you are remediating. Oil, nerve gas, organic, ecoli, chemicals etc. are probably a job for oysters

2 Likes

The shroomery says that as long as you have premium manure, a freakish 80Ā°f heatwave and a butt load of thunderstorms youā€™re pretty much good to grow outdoors on the east coast. They also say get slug bait. Slug bait is cheap af.

I grew through the South African winter throwing old substrates onto hemp shiv around water sources outside the homestead and got some dank ass out door harvests that were much sizable then the monotub and dubtubs indoor flushes, it took about 2 months to have the mycelium take over and fruiting consistently after that. Did some penis enies, golden teachers, golden coast, b+s, super natal strengths. The Super natal strengths and Golden Teachers got some heavy yields, mostly from wind, a lot of the door without cover flushes were super dense stem wise. It seems the African strains do well in Africa lol

3 Likes