Is it possible to make a gold/yellow ethanol extract?

thanks for sharing this

1 Like

With a buchner funnel or something like my pressurized filtration system.

So you basically filter through the Clay then refilter again with like a 20micron filter? Any certain temp?

Go 5 micron on your final filtration.

Do you think it would work to put the clay into the flask of a roto and get it hot that way then filter after 30mins?

I highly recommend celite 545 on top of a frit if you’re going to filter. It catches small particle while also having really good throughput. It’s a type of diatemacous earth clay that makes a great filter bed.

4 Likes

Hey all! The Tek is up! Sorry for the wait! Thank you for the support and the patience while I got this together!

7 Likes

For those looking, a link to the SOP released by @TheLostBiologist:

6 Likes

Anywhere to order it in Canada ? And do you just make a patty with it in the Büchner funnel ?

Yessir! I go into detail about how to make a cake in my tek post.

As far as Canadian suppliers, maybe @Shadownaught could give you a hand.

TheLostBiologist Bucket and Post Processing Tek for Golden Extract

3 Likes

Check out Evolved Extraction in BC. @tetratech

https://evolvedextraction.com/collections/distillation-equipment

3 Likes

Awesome thank you !

2 Likes

You are correct. Do not do this. You will create carbonic acid which will contaminate the ethanol and concentrate upon evaporation, ruining your product.

I put one pellet in a glass of water waited till it was gone and tried the water, it tasted wayy off. I knew from that theres something else its leaving behind

1 Like

Just wanted to update and show some Etoh color. This color was achieved without any adsorbents or AC, just good old fashioned cryo extraction. Extract was filtered for particulate that settles in the tanks from biomass.

11 Likes

@Phytoalchemy

How much biomass is in there? Also what pump are you using there? Could you link to it?

The biomass was fresh frozen so it’s hard to say exactly but the wet weight was 2.5kg. Extraction was done bucket tek at -80c.

The pump is a KNF Neuberger diaphragm dry pump. We buy them used from eBay for basic filtration pumps ad they’re super robust and easily repaired/rebuilt and variations can be found for around $150-400 such as this one:

1 Like

Activated carbon and DE dust?

Nice! Thanks alot for that info.

I’m curious about the pros and cons to a closed loop vs soaking

1 Like