Is it possible to create CBD isolate/crystalline from D-Limonene or Alcohol (Grape,Ethanol)

Terpineol also seems like it’d be difficult to remove. It’s about as thick as bisabolol but smells like green tea. Don’t you guys want something volatile for this?

For whatever it’s worth, those who are now considering ocimene please make sure your setup is compatible with it. That stuff is nastier than just about any terpene I’ve seen on plastics.

It sounds like you guys might be interested in seeing the terpene extracted Liamonds.

3 Likes

Ocimene will find it’s way through the normal plastic caps they use for terpene jars… in a fridge. Shits crazy.

2 Likes

Yeah ocimene and terpinolene are pretty savage. Everything else seems pretty tame compared to those two. Never seen any weird trace chemicals in labs for either of them so it must just be something specific to those two terpenes. I think I’m going to do a before and after test to see how bad ocimene leaches plasticizers.

If you leave ocimene with air in the jar it oxidizes like nothing I’ve seen before in terpenes. Forms an orange resin that smells like death juice.

4 Likes

Those are the only two terpenes I’ve had the caps break apart after trying to unscrew them. I’d be curious to see the plastic leaching too on those. A heavy metal leach test would be interesting too since they seem to be more abrasive.

2 Likes

“Death Juice”! My curiosity has been piqued! I’m curious how the sample will arrive if that is how it acts when it comes into contact with plastic, and quick oxidation

Can you provide any details as to how you were able to successfully isolate CBD using Limonene? I am working with distillate testing around 70% cbd potency