Is it possible to convert hemp/CBD to D9?

Yeah, mine comes without the need for cleanups or the addition of sauce that still has to come from cannabis because the hemp strains don’t taste the same.

You got a way to make synthetic sauce?

Pfff that’s a tough question on matters I barely comprehend I ll try to get a better understanding of this

1 Like

Is this directed to me ?

It is

Scale limitations aside, d9 THCa from CBDa using triisobutylaluminium is definitely about to change the game a bit. I expect synthetic diamonds will be prevalent soon enough.I’m glad to see other people on here experimenting with TIBA, at the same time i’m a little worried about the increase in new users asking about it though. I hope everyone stays as safe as possible, it’s going to be an interesting year imo.

8 Likes

Diamonds need sauce… even just a light coating from the original mother liquor. Without it they just don’t carry the same level of desirability.

I do see some interesting ideas for taking very terpy, low cannabinoid content, concentrates and adding clean synthetic thca to. I also see people trying to take unstable shatter, redissolve, and add thca to that. Really a bunch of viable uses as an isolate, but as diamonds, it’ll need that sauce.

On the plus side with everyone talking like the vaping game is ending, maybe there’ll be more sauce on the market soon.

3 Likes

theres a huge market for THCA isolate; doesnt need sauce if it isnt intended to be dabbed imo

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m really talking thca for inhalation. In other forms, yeah, I can see that being viable. Another great way to take a product with little to no value and turn it into a high value product.

I don’t see how that means I need to be ready for synthetic thca though. Doesn’t affect my market at all.

Not necessarily ‘at all’, but I think you’ll understand what I’m getting at.

2 Likes

Any indication that d8thca decarbs at a different rate than d9thca?

no matter what there will always be a market for boutique products; conventional material that is artisan extracted. the synthd stuff will just end up in mass produced consumer products, but the top shelf will always be conventional imo

8 Likes

This is why I was wondering about phosphoric or ptsa for the isomerization

There are 2 projects merging that make this
An interesting thing
RO terpene extraction and synthetic Thc-a

4 Likes

Thca from cbda can be done without triso, ptsa is one route

1 Like

Is it time for another update from @MagisterChemist and @Kingofthekush420 on the current state of the art on using RO for terpene/volatile isolation? Been a few months and wondering what everyone’s got in the pipeline

1 Like

It is then a Thc-a d8/d9 blend

1 Like

I posted a video of water clear hemp terpenes from my membranes on my IG a few days ago I’ll see if I can find the video

3 Likes

Whats the huge demand for thca products? Like live resin/sauce?

shoot having cheap THCA isolate would open up the potential for utilizing in formulations; both as THCA (for anti inflammatory properties) or you could just decarb and you would have “D9 isolate” in effect that could be utilized for anything.

people forget the potency of THCA; sure its nonpsychoactive, but its still medicinally beneficial.

8 Likes

As for getting better synthetic sauce
Take either lab blends or steamdistillef hemp terps and radiate them with UV you will be surprised of the change in taste :shushing_face:

8 Likes

Now that sounds interesting too!