Is it normal for Cat 3 delta 9 to be slightly runny?

Also it doesn’t make sense, if you manage to filter out the minor cannabinoids what’s that other 5% in there?

I’ve certainly seen a darker, runnier, and less pure sample returned to the customer after “pesticide remediation” in the past. Customer wasn’t convinced it was as even their material…

Current facility performs remediation in house, and we have had material where we managed to remove the pesticides but saw zero improvement in color

1 Like

Okay but how does it explain that 5%, where did it come from?

Hand me a sample and I’ll take a look. Or wave your hands and guess.

Looking hard at which solvents are still in there might be informative, as would the cannabinoid chromatogram

It’s not my stuff have to ask the op for it

I think the combination of zero detectable minor cannabinoids and 5% of other materials points in one direction. But you have much more experience and understanding in chromatography than I do so I am very interested in hearing your opinion.

I dont think that’s a converted liter

There’s no way they made pure d9 without any d8 or exo thc

Even the 95% d9 thc v my clients send me that’s synthetic has d8 thc v in it from the conversion of cbd v to d9 thc v

Conversions produce even more iso-thcs than exo thc.

5 Likes

I’ve just seen more than a couple low viscosity distillate samples post “chromatography”.

I’m putting chromatography in quotes because I wasn’t there, so don’t actually know what went down.

We follow chroma with another round of distillation, and I haven’t seen any low viscosity samples from our process yet.

5% solvent would be pretty egregious, but one trivial hypothesis for the “chroma == runny” would be that some folks just leave a ton of solvent in there when they’re done

This could be a conversion post chroma…

5% solvents would be insane and I would imagine when smoked by the op would be very noticeable???

1 Like

I’d imagine 5% residual solvent would be noticeable way before combustion :rofl:

4 Likes

So what you saying is 50,000 PPM is almost as much fun as spraying some into a bag and huffing it :rofl:

4 Likes

Theres an impurity in there, even than shitty distillate can be rock hard. Ive had brown first pass get real hard after being exposed to air at relatively high temperatures. That being said even 98% material can be goopy. If 2% left is mainly terps and some other non viscous “contaminant” than yea itll be runny. So many variables but at the end of the day if it is runny i do avoid it… If it doesnt “chip” off in lab temps jabbing it with a dabber or some tool it LIKELY is subpar product(and by subpar it could still test high but most the market affiliates goopy distillate with cut distillate so avoiding so especially if your gonna terp it up is ideal.) if your gonna make it for edibles well…

I think looking for byproducts (exo-THC for example) that would have to be removed via chromatography ($$$) will be more fruitful as they can’t easily be removed.

2 Likes

Is there a link for this?

1 Like

thats the problem. get it verified. cant count the number of times a sellers lab said X and i retested to see shit was cut with cbd or D8 lol

1 Like

What is it called?

what method you use to extract it? it looks good, hopeful we can get it in CA

a t-check

Even linked to it…

1 Like