Is it normal for Cat 3 delta 9 to be slightly runny?

Hello,

We are an extract company in Canada, and we’re recently shown some “cat 3” delta 9 distillate, at quite low prices. It appears to be quite a bit more runny than the distillate we produce and has a bit more of that terp smell. I was just wondering is this normal?? Is “cat 3 delta 9” any different than “Canadian made delta 9”??. I always thought if it was more pure it would be more solid but they are claiming it is 93% thc.

2 Likes

95%+ Delta 9 thc is rock solid. Glass if you will

some moron made a thread about this a few years ago

What temp is it runny at? It should be hard 70F ish

9 Likes

The problem you got is because they did not do a good job getting rid of the heads. I’ve made distillate as low as 88% that at room temperature was fairly hard.

2 Likes

That’s how it seems, but the clarity is definitely on point

Room temperature it’s about the consistency of thick honey.

It’s nothing that light. I’d take a picture but my camera is shot atm

It is my opinion from what you are describing that they did a poor job of separating the heads.

1 Like

If you can push your finger down into it at 70f than its probably like 80% or less

1 Like

Pretty easily. It’s 80 degrees in this room atm, but I have a jar of our own distillate I made that is not near as soft

You said it smells like terps or heads?

1 Like

Yeah, kinda like the smell of first pass

Also have a delta 8 that smells like diesel terps

I would definitely wash it and run it one more pass if you want to be on the safe side.

1 Like

If it’s runny at room temp and they didn’t add terps and it’s straight up disty is some boof disty for sure. Most test results are bullshit in CA even from licensed labs. I trust very few lab potency results.

2 Likes

You think I’ll lose more than 100-200ml??

Everyone should own a t-check for this reason. At $300 the things are a ridiculously accurate “estimate”.

1 Like

That’s impossible to say. First how much material are you starting off with? Let’s assume it’s one kilo if you lost two or three hundred grams out of it then you have had an insane amount of trash in there and you should be really pissed

Lmao, it’s a kg and I’m going to run it again right now. I’ll report back with the results

Your lab or his lab says it’s 93%?