Is HAL Extraction OOB?

Has anyone caught wind/word of HAL Extraction closing up Business Operations?
Reached out to Engineer there about a booth we have and he mentioned they are going Out of Business… No responses from any of the other contacts there in the efforts of confirming…

Anyone?

Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised. They have some of the worst customer service on the whole ass planet.
Takes me days to get ahold of their Service Manager Tony, if he even responds…

3 Likes

If you need a solid company to work with for booths, I would highly recommend Advanced Extraction Labs. They have lots and lots of options and come UL listed rather than peer reviewed. Great company and great product. Let me know if you would like a quote!

kyle@bizzybee.com

4 Likes

Agreed

Confirmed.

So they are going under, or have?

Well I just ordered a switch from them last week. So they are probably going under. But not fully out yet

I like C1D1 Labs and AE as well. Both solid choices

2 Likes

Recieved this email a while ago

My name is Tony Sanelli. I am a former product support engineer for HAL Extraction in Golden CO. I am just reaching out to see if you received my email about what is happening with HAL Extraction.

Unfortunately, HAL Extraction is no longer in business, and they are unable to support your extraction booth.

But the good news is as a former HAL employee my business A Squared Solutions can continue to support your extraction booth. So, if you have any issues with the booth or any cannabis safety compliance issues, please remember my information so I can help you in the future.

I can be reached at 303-868-6033.

Tony Sanelli

Founder / Owner / Technical Support Engineer

303-868-6033

A Squared Solutions LLC

asquaredsolutionsllc.com

3 Likes

Who do you guys use to service your booths now that HAL is OOB?

Is your general HVAC guy up to speed or are people who bought HAL booths stuck hiring their consulting company to help with any technical difficulties?

Really sucks buying something so god damn expensive and then having the company fold.

1 Like

They sold us a whole panel recently because they wouldn’t service a 3-4 year old one

I’d look into local instrumentation companies

ETS is helping bridge that gap with supporting HAL customers. They will post more here shortly but feel free to reach out to them for components, questions, or help.

Thanks Zach! We did pick up a good portion of the remaining HAL inventory to help with any transitioning from Gen1 > modern interlocked booths. Most of this inventory has already been claimed across a couple of brands, but we can help if there is need currently.

ETS is also working with the original panel manufacturer to assure there is enough equipment to get through the needed upgrades. There is a lead time to contend with once this initial inventory is put into service, but we are doing our best to order ahead of time to keep up with demand. We have also had the opportunity to bring a member of the HAL Operations team onboard, which should help in the transition away from their designs.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Advanced Extraction booths are only UL Certified, not UL Listed. Much different process that is not nearly as stringent as being UL Listed. Basically just looks into the panel and if it is using proper wire colors and amperage loads, while the peer review is looking at the equipment inside the booth, i.e., outlets, lights, fans. Most people are unaware of the difference between UL Certified, Approved, and Listed. From a marketing standpoint it obviously works because most buyers just see the UL sticker and think it means UL Listed.

Currently going through the process to get QMCV and QMCV7 certified on our C1D1 booths as well. We’re all stamped by PSI, so, still really have to deal with them for field verifications that it is in fact installed correctly and providing the proper air flow across a hotwire anemometer.

4 Likes

Hello, recently bought a Hal booth from auction and need some help on startup.

1 Like