Is decarbing illegal?

ive seen that same range on coas for oil and flowers. .2% aint gonna be a good argument for d8.

Zam! I was off on a scientific tangent there so I see now how my brain just jumbled up that information. As always your input and deeper knowledge into the facts has really made me see the error of my ways and also it takes me back to my undergrad when I was working on that THC synthesis with the grad student I was studying under. He actually used an enzyme in his reaction in an effort to NOT get a racemic mixture! How I forgot this I will never know.

Maybe it has something to do with all the Terps floating around the lab for the past few days. Decarbing and residual solvent removal can really blast you with them terps (still kinda on topic?). I think most of the other things I said were pretty spot on.

@YumYam thanks bud I’m trying to get people up to speed and at least get those brain juices flowing in a more positive and productive manner. There is so much science in this industry that just gets looked over or taken for granted we really need to do better to teach and especially LEARN! I think tomorrow I’ll look into that chiral column since we run a Waters UPLC in the lab. Might even be able to prove there is some +/- in distillate from the plant! Although seeing how big of a brain @cyclopath possess I don’t think I’ll be able to prove him wrong.

@MagisterChemist I’m pretty sure D8 is not produced in an acid form since its is created from a double bond shift. Who knows maybe its in such small amounts that we can’t really quantify it or even detect it.

3 Likes

I’m not trying to make an argument for d8. Obviously anyone selling it is selling synthetic. And my point is something can be synthetic even if the same compound is naturally occuring.

6 Likes

I think here is where the industry needs more studying done on how racemic mixtures from synthetic D8 can effect the body in different ways. Since D8 is such a hot topic now maybe some chemists can start on that train and see where it goes. Maybe it goes no where and nothing comes of it, but there is a chance that something could be learned.

1 Like

Most likely d8 is not racemic though. Since it’s being formed from a chiral starting material it will maintain chirality. Nothing about the d9-d8 reaction will disrupt any of the chiral centers.

4 Likes

Same reason I didn’t just call bullshit and point you at this thread?!?

Stereoinversion of Delta 9 THC

Or

Identification of synthetic CBD - #11 by cyclopath

1 Like

But you’re doing it now? Can you still say you didn’t? :thinking::shushing_face:

4 Likes

I forget

5 Likes

What were we talking about?

I forget. Haha

1 Like

5 Likes

Shoot…

I doubt it’s the terpenes. Those are legal

1 Like

You’re so right the legal stuff never fucks you up. I must be trippin on something else.

2 Likes

Our guberment takes such good care of us…

3 Likes

Duhherrrr Trump would never let me get sick from no Rona. Thats why we are building this wall.

2 Likes

I make cbn with u v light and always create D8 while doing so
So since the sun is shining I see no reason why it won t happen in nature instead of heat

7 Likes

How long does that usually take? Also how much do you do at one time? I have a UV lamp so I’m curious.

It takes about 3 weeks and the I’ve light should have a large 241.1 wavelength to create singlet oxigen

3 Likes

You could argue that neither said decarboxylation nor isomerization are natural, despite occurring in nature, because the chemical driving forces can be said to come strictly from the external environment, and are not the result of any distinguishable biological processes…

4 Likes