Is Cold Crashing Mandatory?

Hello friends. So I as the title states. Is it necessary?
If you skip the cold crash, how much longer are you noticing formation vs cold crashing?

Thanks

No is the short answer it won’t let me give. And the right person there is no difference in time

4 Likes

Waste of time

7 Likes

Use ultrasound

3 Likes

Unless you are leaving for the night and you want to deal with getting to saturation tomorrow. Then I’ll throw it in the freezer.

3 Likes

This has happened to me so many times it’s not even funny…

2 Likes

I have done those blooms once with a tiny wee bit of scrapings once.

2 Likes

Forgive my dumbness but what do you mean if you have to leave and don’t want to deal with satuation?

Also what do you mean by blooms with tiny scrapings?

If one was under time constraints and didn’t have the dry ice on hand, could one crash it later after the blast/pour off?

If you pour your jars wet (extra solvent) then you need that solvent to evaporate to a certain point before capping the jar

3 Likes

Hmmmmm

That

Leftovers in the collection are scrapings, or vapor reflux cleanings.

And I have a - 80 freezer. No dry ice needed.

But, I put the jar in a freezer, to reduce pressure, and so the next day I will let it stabilize to room temp and start working down to my saturation point

3 Likes

Ahh thank you thank you. So basically the only thing you lose if anything, is a few extra days with out a crash?

I appreciate everyone’s time.

I want to try both but (with and with out dry ice) at the moment the car is getting repaired and I got some trim I was going to blast into a jar and cap once it gets a little runnier then syrup and cap it and toss it on a seedling mat for however long, burping as needed. Didn’t know if it would be fine just just run it as or if I should crash it when I do get some dry ice.

how do you when it’s time to cap?

for how long?

@cursedalchemist @FicklePickle learns by utilizing our search bar and reading our forum. He’s a smart guy. Get the idea?

2 Likes