Is CBG flower supposed to get you high?

Cbg definitely provides a strong body buzz and will make you feel much more relaxed than CBD does. To me it has almost an “electrifying” body buzz that makes my fingers feel tingly. I feel like it’s pretty uplifting when smoked in small amounts

4 Likes

Cbg helps me recover from panic, and anxiety attacks like nothing else fwiw I love the stuff. I’d like to try some refined stuff I’ve only had flower, keif, and crude.

2 Likes

I’m not sure of the exact affects that CBG adds, or takes away from my buzz. I was gifted some isolate to try, and I definitely feel a difference in the pain department. Makes me mellower for sure, but no other direct affects

1 Like

One hardly notices the effects of pot or alcohol if they are in the proper mood for the Grateful Dead at a live show.

4 Likes

CBG is probably keeping your Endocannabinoids around.

2 Likes

Lol a janky lot meme from 2005? That’s pretty hilarious

1 Like

CBG is mellow, level, bright and up for me.
Noticable effects dabbing isolate alone, but much increased with THC flower.
CBG flower will rely heavily on terpenes for subjective effects, but these can be powerful and the new CBG genetics this year include some fire wrt terpenes.
THC levels generally are very low or ND in most CBG flower (only about 10-20% of typical CBD flower).

As an interesting test, try smoking mint or any other aromatic plant. Mint alone can give you a bit of a buzz, including couch-locky as well as stimulant effects, along with a significant “hangover” impact comparable to weed.

Back to hemp - these lines have been bred with some of the best cannabis genetics to enhance their profile of terps and the other lesser known compounds which produce nice effects.

All these terpenes have substantial effects on their own but are enhanced by the presence of cannabinoids, of which THC seems to be a bit of a master key.

2 Likes

I dunno. I don’t feel a happy buzz when I eat an orange from the limonene.

EDIT: Myrcene might be an exception from the structure?

The nitrous mafia days, uhauls with tanks in duffle bags out. Makes me miss philly

4 Likes

Haha go fur the fish dude yeah

Wake up to find out that you just fished on the lot

2 Likes

No you guys don’t understand, we were LIFTED from this CBG strain we got. It was jack frost, and it was a year old.

Is it possible that CBG can become more potent over time? I’ve heard CBG turns into other cannibinoids (I don’t know much about the chemistry behind this so please be easy on me)

I’ve tried stronger flower with reported higher CBG percentage than this, but this old strain of CBG got me LIFTED

1 Like

Fresh CBG didnt do a thing for me. Even mixed in different ratios. But now that it’s getting older maybe I should test if it has degraded into something more powerful?

2 Likes

Same, I’ve tried some fresh CBG and nothing compared to older CBG. I swear the older CBG hits me with such a strong body buzz it’s insane.

1 Like

What you are referring to is CBGA not cbg. CBGA is the mother of all cannabinoids and is how all cannabinoids start out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wayofleaf.com/education/exploring-cbga/amp

1 Like

So is it possible as CBGA degrades if can turn into other cannibinoids?

CBG is moderately/mildly psychoactive, that does not mean that the concentration of other cannabinoids/terpenes within the plant were not, but alone I notice that when I smoke CBG I get a light headed feeling with a slight pleasant dissociation. I do not think I am “high” but definitely altered.

I’m a fan of a full rounded cannabinoid profile with noticeable amount of CBG, I tend to like those strains to help with chronic pain conditions as well (CBG topically applied is wonderful for spot application pain relief)

3 Likes

I made some cbg oil to give to a friend with cancer. They are in rough shape, so anything is worth trying at this point.

Thankfully I don’t have serious health issues, but at the time of making the oil I had a persistent sore in my mouth that wouldn’t go away. It’s a mucocile, painless and harmless, just annoying. I googled it and everything says there is no cure, no medication, and no treatment. Some people try anti inflammatories.

Well, that sounds like a challenge. I scraped a little cbg oil off of what was still stuck to the pan. One application was all it took. The sore deflated within a couple hours and disappeared entirely in a few days.

7 Likes

I’m glad it worked. Have you tried putting nitrous oxide on it?

5 Likes

Just wanted to follow-up with everyone. Turns out that most of us that got “stoned” off of the CBG just had such low tolerances to THC and granted, it was our first time trying CBG

After trying CBG a few more times (same strain). The effects werent the same.

1 Like

super weird, I usually do this as well and I don’t feel the same way.
i feel just more awake and aware tbh