Is Buchner filter the best for filtering close to 50liters

If you don’t want to or can’t pump the tincture it’s the only high volume way to go.

What, the draindroid? You still need a vacuum pump, which works fine for bags too.

What size housing?

How do you filter through celite or capture fine powders in a bag filter? Are there sub micron bags capable of doing this?

1 Like

You cant. You need a sealed bed filter basically where material can’t flow around the media.

3 Likes

Put the bubble bag inside the buchner funnel. All the excess bag will drape over the rim. It may work, albeit kinda back-woods-ish

So it’s a 1 trick pony. Albeit a very fast winterization filter far better suited to winterizing then a buchner I imagine

To be honest, you’ll get way better filtration from a proper buchner filter than you will with a sock. The whole tech is about flow and less about analytical micron retention. And the flow isn’t even that great once it logs up on the begining and further I’m the process.

2 Likes

You just use a fine-micron cartridge instead of celite. 0.2 micron stops all carbon/clay etc.

1 Like

Ya Im slowly building a contact list of all the providers that LS and summit and AI abut from and then up charge 100% on cauSe it’s just chemical industry shit… when I got my first catalogue from my new suppliers I was blown away at the prices for stuff.

What filter bag design and company do you use? I wana get one to R&D with before I start recommending.

These have major issues with letting fats slip by the centering ring, or so i keep getting told by associates. Have to get a custom ring fabricated that hugs the wall perfectly or you get gaps for material to slip by. Have you used them?

1 Like

i use a cheap 2L glass buchner with frit. the frit will not allow anything past it. if you use a bed a celite nothing gets past the bed unless unless you allow the feedstock to channel through it. the problem is its so damn slow that your tincture thaws after not too long so this buchner setup isnt great for large quantities

I meant those lanpham models you linked. Not a Buchner in general.

no i havent used them. those are just bigass buchners. they would need a retention ring made for me to want to use one. im not sure if @Terry_Manager ever got around to making the filter retention rings but without it i wouldnt mess with those filters.

1 Like

They’re practically identical but graver brand seems to be the most affordable for cartridges, and for bag housings Rosedale seems to make the tightest sealing bag style. For cartridges 222 SOE style work well.

2 Likes

You know that is rediculous - we do not have a 100% upcharge on chemicals. We pay extra for high grade solvent j like everyone else who wants to sell cheap stuff. That’s completely false statement. Ethyl and most chemicals have a msrp margin, and we stay there or sell below the MSRP.

Machinery not absorbants or gasses. Pumps, stainless steel etc

Again that isn’t true at all…

We’re proud to keep everything in USA, we pay Americans a fair wage, if that costs me more so be it. But certainly we do not upcharge 100% on hardware. That’s crazy ignorant talk right there. That’s not even true with many vendors in the USA who offer 10-30% max, and then the deeper discounts aren’t really for profitable items most of the time becusee they have freight/shipping. I don’t think even you believe your own statement.