Is any of my CLS equipment still usable? UPDATE WITH PICS AT THE END

I really appreciate the experienced members of the forum outlining safe pressure testing methodology. I hope to learn from others mistakes without having to make them all myself.

@dumpsterfireog I am sorry to hear about your loss I hope to watch you rebuild and come back stronger.

4 Likes

God damnit!!! That’s badass

2 Likes

UPDATE: my steel is cleaning up nicely it’s taking a bit of time but it’s coming back to new basically. I used barkeeps friend, heavy duty scotch brite pads and then washed in a 10% citric acid solution.

7 Likes

something I havent thought of done!

oooooo killa!

3 Likes

Damn. Glad it’s cleaning up well but that’s a sight that brings a tear to your eye

8 Likes

This is good news !!!
As @pangea said, replace " your nuts " and also your bolts. Rebuild all your valves, replace all the gaskets and seals.

Pressure test it !

Then tell us all that everything is good to go :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah replacing everything that isn’t stainless and I bought the pump to hydrotest the equipment. Just gotta get it all cleaned up first. It must have been red hot because it discolored some of the steel blue, it cleaned off nicely but I’m considering replacing some things. My material columns are dented so I think I’m going to replace them as well as the 12” hemispherical dome lid to my collection.

6 Likes

You’re gonna have to replaced dented stainless nmw. You don’t want to risk leaks or an explosion.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s the plan. Also replacing my metaglass sight glasses. They look ok but I don’t trust that shit.

8 Likes