Is a bike necessary on a centrifuge?

I’m making sure all my “tek” is ready for the release of " the stir bar " By @spdking .

10 Likes

This is fucking gold lol

2 Likes

You should try the human centrifuge from cyclecide :shushing_face:

5 Likes

I may buy one just to tell my kid that after the movie big hero six, the robot couldn’t find work, so I hired him in my trap lab to spin tubes.

5 Likes

Could you use a bike to power something that gives it more juice? Im not a scientist or engineer so I can explain well what my idea is.

Or we can use horses instead of man power

NVM this is an old thread I didn’t notice until now

The wife and I have been discussing seting up something like this for the kids to watch TV or play video games.
Hook it up like solar to a back up battery bank.

9 Likes

They have a stationary bike that charges a gameboy so the kids have to exercise to play video games. I definitely like this idea.

4 Likes

They make alternators that you attach where the rear tire goes now if im not mistaken. Im not electrical savy but was looking at something similar here for my property but we have great wind gusts so I’m going to let nature do it with a windmill instead . More costly but less of a risk for me.

3 Likes

They?

Or a more sophisticated version:

You can also put a full bridge rectifier on the output from a brushless DC bike motor (wheel) and pull electrickery that way (generates 3-phase AC till you rectify it).

12 Likes

Damn dude thats so sick !

1 Like

New topic! That’s dope!

1 Like

What’s your gear ratio from rear axel to drive axel on the alt?

don’t remember. I was presumably trying to get from 60rpm to 1800 rpm so 30:1 would seem appropriate. looks to be more than that. which might have been deliberate (might have been targeting alternator’s sweet spot).

might also be that it was actually the first alternator pictured that required 1800rpm (to work without 12V on the stator)…

Gotcha. If your large drive Sprocket was twice that size you could really make that alt hum.

yes, you can get work done by powering with horse(s)…

yes, more work in a horse than the average monkey.

you could always try juicing the monkey.
maybe Peruvian marching powder?

3 Likes

We are no longer measuring things in horsepower. It’s measured in wookpower now

6 Likes

how spun are your wooks?

5 Likes

didn’t want to move this one…quoting instead

2 Likes

i like the idea of wookpower more than horses

1 Like

Definitely slavery is in fashion these days

1 Like