iOS Windows and Android Notifications for Future4200.com

Came across this in my news feed.

Installed and gave it a whirl

Works.

Install here: ‎Fig for Discourse on the App Store

5 Likes

Been hoping for this for so long. Nice job dude.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Interface takes getting used to but I’m loving it.

2 Likes

Seriously, this is a dream come true

1 Like

Yeah it’s a little funky, but I’m also digging it

What I’m not liking is that I don’t get to see the post count as I cycle down through a thread

1 Like

I love the quick (top or bottom of thread buttons)

1 Like

Nvm I retract what I was about to say realizing probably half use phones here :man_facepalming:t3: Lol but does y’all email not go ding?

1 Like

My email notifications on my phone are drowned out for some reason.

1 Like

Tbh I’m kinda happy I didn’t turn push noti’s on as I’m sure a lot of us would have a phone that would never stop going off LITERALLY, just dead battery from buzzing all day :joy:

4 Likes

I put my phone on silent most the day.
Little buzz doesn’t phase me. Went to bed after installing and setting up notifications. Had like 12 in the morning. Silent mode is god mode for me. Missing calls emails and notifications I make look good.

2 Likes

I wish lol, I’m that light heavy sleeper

I hear a noise that’s even minute I’ll wake up out of a deep sleep. But I can’t sleep through any other things in the world :man_shrugging:t3: Doesn’t make sense

2 Likes

I sleep through anything except smells. Woke up to a roommate who passed out and let a candle on the floor close to his bed. Caught his bed on fire and smoke was billowing out of the cracks of my roommates door. I banged on the door and yelled your room is on fire! Dude woke up like “oh shit!”
His face was like 5 inches away from cooking.

2 Likes

Half as bad as my father, when he was 6-7 he tried to out a candle out in the closet… with the clothes that were hanging… idk how I turned out so well, I was dropped once though :man_shrugging:t3: I blame that

Ironically he’s out cities main fire investigator now too :joy::thinking:

3 Likes

So I took notice today on my GS20 Ultra that Future4200.com on Google Chrome offers to install an App.
Same for Google Chrome for Windows

It’s essentially a stand-a-lone browser with notifications (my android phone is blowing up)

2 Likes

Lord help us all… Not related to “Fig” which looks like a fancy (proprietary) discourse wrapper, for the last 5 years or so now Android and iPhone users can add a website to their home screen like https://www.howtogeek.com/667910/how-to-add-a-website-to-your-iphone-or-ipad-home-screen/ - where it is just a slimmer version of safari/firefox/chrome. The Fig website says notifications dont work, which isn’t true, for Firefox/Safari/Chrome(regardless of platform) you can enable true push notifications. You should get prompted when you first visit the site and it works for me. The little icon on your home screen /tab in your browser will get numbers for how many notifications you have in your inbox and since they are a true push notification, can also be shown on your lock screen or device notification area.

I haven’t found a way to setup category notifications though, which this might do.
It would be super cool to see the missing features added to discoursehub or your webview apk, neither of which I have actually used yet.

4 Likes

Fig is a pretty impressive little app. I hope to see it progress. My push notifications randomly just ended from this about a day ago. I haven’t changed any settings. Using the Google chrome shortcut.

I just made the switch back to Android. Apple was cool to see for a year… But my desire to do more with my devices expands past what they allow.