Internal Journal: Future's Pesticide Remediation Tek

@circus_animal Have you tried simply not using any pH adjustments at all? What happens if you do that? Mine usually stays yellow.

Magsil is expensive, pH adjusted saline is cheap.

More saline = less magsil in my experience.

Please, run the magsil without the saline and report back on your findings.

Also, please remember that this is all freely available info on a free to use forum, and that this is science so respect the method and we can all work together to solve problems.

13 Likes

Could winterizing have some sort of affect on the pinks / purple that come with ph in balance? He never did say he winterized the material, and the degumming SOP calls for it. Any thoughts on this? @Photon_noir , @Deleted , @Future @Shadownaught

Thoughts on what? Him not saying he Winterizdd something and a random degumming tek calling for Winterization? Frankly no, I cannot comment on that kind of vaguery even if I wanted to.

3 Likes

neither Cannatest nor AlphaCAT offer pesticide detection in their TLC kits.

That doesnā€™t mean it canā€™t be done, but I was pretty sure Cannatest told me they were working on it 5 years ago, so it is not apparently trivial.

It may also be that there are so many possibilities that it wasnā€™t worth the R&D.

this Validated TLC-densitometry method for the simultaneous analysis of pyrethroid insecticides in agricultural and domestic products - PMC might be relevant. although they are using uv absorbance rather than a dye based method.

2 Likes

Just so i understand this correctly, you just put a copper sheet in your resin to ā€œabsorbā€ the sulphur. Can it be dissolved in alcohol before, lots of people out here had russet mites and so there is a large amount of sulphur contaminated material around. Thanks

1 Like

@Concentrated_humbold Essentially, yes. It needs to be very clean and preferably scrubbies for higher surface area. Clean with citric acid, rinse with water. Ethanol is fine.

2 Likes

@Future, @Photon_noir First off, thank you. So I have a big contract that needs Piperonyl Butoxide remediation only. Now Iā€™m pretty confident that itā€™s water soluble and it will all come along with the saline wash and deodorization but Iā€™ve been looking in all the wrong places I havenā€™t been able to track down any firm citations on its remediation. I do know it likes organic solvents, and I extract with ethanol, so my questions are 2. First do you guys have any input on the remediation and kinda seems like Iā€™m just gonna be power loading my etoh with PBO or do you think it will want with the crude? Itā€™s pretty fanny product but a big bread and butter project that I can mash through with a ratio in my favor. Thanks

I donā€™t think pesticides at low levels would be detectable with TLC to the naked eye, Iā€™m not even sure if they are at a high enough concentration to show up in UV absorbance on a spectrophotometer. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

@Malcolmist That is a consult in itself, so contact me or future directly for assistance.

2 Likes

@malcolmist while I could help you critically think your way through it, thatā€™s definitely a job better suited for Sensei @Photon_noir

3 Likes

Iā€™m looking to incorporate this process into my working SOPā€™s. According to the Arcon Journal Entry this was done with 500g grams of distillate in a 50l reactor. Would that be considered max load for a 50l reactor? Is 60L of saline solution wash recommended for every 500g, or could more be washed with the same amount? Appreciate any input, trying to buy the right gear the first time for my volume. Thank you so much for releasing this information.

1 Like

we actually have a procedure that gets rid of all pesticides in THC and got all numbers down to ND or 45PPB

http://advancedcannabisdistillationequipment.com/Training&Consulting.htm

sales@advancedcannabisdistillationequipment.com

we have a method that actually cleans out all pesticides and does not require column work

http://advancedcannabisdistillationequipment.com/Training&Consulting.htm

sales@advancedcannabisdistillationequipment.com

@DrJosh all pesticides is a pretty tall order.

tall enough that Iā€™m gonna call bullshit.

weā€™ve got states that are testing for pesticides you canā€™t possibly get your hands on, so claiming you can remediate them (all of them) cannot possibly be true.

what sort of idiots do you take us for?
Either show some defensible data, or expect to be ignored.

14 Likes

I thought it was too good to be true also. It may remove a large portion though? The best way Iā€™ve found to deal with pesticide is rejecting the material! I do that :grinning:
In my opinion pesticide remediation isnā€™t a money makerā€¦ especially with these market prices. Clean input is the best and fastest way to operate.

10 Likes

My feelings exactly. But to the person thatā€™s never attempted it, it can sound doable

@DrJosh are you willing to work on contingency? As in, no pay if you canā€™t prove your claims?

1 Like

rules in OR are such that if you donā€™t test the input biomass for pesticides, you loose the ability to remediate the extract if it fails.

It would not require any disclosure of proprietary information to show COAā€™s for pre and post remediation.

Not Detected is only as informative as the stated detection limit. as none was stated, itā€™s not particularly useful.

ā€œEverything they tested for came back ND or below 44 parts per billionā€. awesome. what was the starting concentration? Oh, you didnā€™t actually see any in the starting materialā€¦

3 Likes

@DrJosh Just the fact that your web presence team chose a horrendously long domain name, combined with an ampersand sign in the file name, gives me some idea that at least the website designer isnā€™t too experienced. I wonder if @DrJosh isnā€™t the website designer.

ā€œIs extreme vacuum level and capacity required? No, in fact, very high vacuum level in the evaporator body is not even attainable because of the vapor pressure/temperature properties of cannabinoids. At the typical body temperature range of 130 - 180Ā°C, the vacuum range observed is normally roughly around 0.1 to 0.3 torr, no matter what kind of vacuum pump is utilized.ā€

Are you sure it isnā€™t due to leaks? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes