Intentionally making D8 with many (relevant) impurities

You should reach ~90% with PTSA (in heptane), acounting for d8 only.
Even above 94% is accounting for iso-THC and d9.
Dealing with CSA, you should reach similar levels overall, but with notably less d8 (up to 82%) and more iso-d8 (up to 15%), and same low 1-1.5% d9.

If you aim for the messiest conversions, you should try PTSA in ethanol.

2 Likes

Can someone send me the worst D8 possible??

4 Likes

You’re in CO, right?

Yep, i have delta alternative’s stuff. Worst I have seen to clarify.

2 Likes

I belong to some hemp groups on FB for when I was more hemp market focused - If you REALLY want to rake in the worst possible D8 I’ll keep an eye out for the next most sketchy one. I can just get it sent to me if it seems interesting so I don’t need to have anyone’s address I don’t need to have. I’ve wondered this myself and want to see how shitty those actually are - basically the same people who feel normal D8 liter prices are far too expensive so I’m curious to see what is in that mystery meat they’re marketing to people who don’t know better (hence why it’s in the FB groups and not sent from an actual distributor)

2 Likes

isnt there a subreddit for homemade isomerization of cbd? filled with idiots trying to isomerize flower and shit? maybe they can help OP with his search

oh yeah its reddit.com: over 18?

nobody ever do anything they discuss there. at least not if you are going to consume it

@Bret_HoneyGold maybe PM this guy and ask for a sample reddit.com: over 18?

3 Likes

I have a sample that smells like plant material and tasted like plant material. Even came with a dead bug in the lid. Let me know I’ll send out a sample beginning of the week.

4 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking what is the normal price of a liter of delta 8? A level 1 hemp vendor recently offered me a liter in the $500 range and that seemed too low compared to what I normally see.

1 Like

So is it just unwinterized first pass or what?

Messaging you. There’s been a ‘problem’ vendor lately and wondering if this is the same one. Not putting it on public blast though, please and thanks.

3 Likes

oh my god.

1 Like

they convert from crude i think,

Should give y’all a good laugh. Delta Alternatives^

3 Likes

For reference this is our compliant stuff.

1 Like

I’d like to see a sample dissolved in methanol/cryo etoh

Probably does have fats and waxes i would guess, I don’t have any with me. But i can probably ask the lab.

2 Likes

“Full spectrum!”

3 Likes

That’s what it’s supposed to look like! Jesus, I can only imagine what is really in 75% off all carts available to the general public! Wretched no doubt

1 Like

Hey, I’m the OP of that thread. I’m pretty sure it’s just carbon at this point. Lab accidents happen. Still had to discard the beaker because the char layer became so strongly attached to it no solvent, acid, base or conc h2o2 I had was able to fully tackle it.

your kitchen isn’t a lab
falling asleep with equipment on isn’t an accident

I would say so much more, but this isn’t the echo chamber

6 Likes

I can send a blood red cake d8 vape pen made here in South Florida. It’s flavored though, but I’d be curious about their process. Would the terps be too much to see anything about the d8 base?

I interviewed with their co-packers in south Florida and one of the non scientists upper management told me stone faced that d8 is naturally red and everyone knows this. This was while he was holding a water clear d8 cart from my brand in his hand (brought examples of my work with me).

2 Likes