Instagram & Cannabis - Keeping your account safe

If you’ve been on IG for any amount of time you have seen a cannabis-related account deleted or even experienced it first hand.

I want to share what I have seen that can potentially protect what you have built online.

If you reference or announce any sales or distribution information you may be at risk of having your account deleted. From what I’ve heard on the High Rise podcast, Instagram’s terms and services state you may create content around cannabis for educational and entertainment purposes only.

I have seen a handful of companies create alternative accounts to announce the drops around their market. It has worked well for some because it seems they are careful about the wording and the content they share. On the flip side, it’s very possible to have multiple accounts shut down quickly if you are already on their radar.

Mink Loafs has had two posts removed - one was a story post and the other was a newsfeed post. The story post had the text “getting ready to be grammed out.” The company whose post I was sharing was in their lab and that was part of the process so I did not think anything of it. Either we triggered a keyword removal or we were reported very quickly (within 15 minutes of posting).

The second was a regular newsfeed feature and I do not remember the caption. That post was deleted within 15 minutes as well. These two strikes from Instagram is what prompted us to make the disclaimer to avoid misunderstanding with our intentions. It is not uncommon for an account to be deactivated after having multiple posts removed.

I have received a small amount of grief over the disclaimer but nothing notable. I noticed the company @Labs_of_Dabstract on Instagram always used a pretty standard industry warning on their posts so we decided to implement something similar.

I am not 100% certain that the disclaimer will keep us safe but I’m hoping it helps haha. I would also be careful about certain keywords, I don’t have a list but you get the gist.

I have seen a few other companies adapt their form of a disclaimer to protect themselves and make clear on what they are doing (educational content).

I hope you took something away from reading this. I hate seeing accounts being shut down after all the hard work that goes into building them.

What have your experiences been like on Instagram? Have you had your account deleted or reinstated?

8 Likes

I appreciate the insight! I was always curious about why peeps were getting removed from IG

Edit: just checked out your IG, I dig the disclaimer, I may end up doing something like that.

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0kmYBShfzb/

My answer to the problem: Λερναῖα Ὕδρα

1 Like

Private account, don’t use banned hashtags, and go ahead and block the official @instagram page.

Seriously though, they will delete because of haters reporting you and creating fake profiles to have multiple reports all come in at once which will raise flags hardcore, it doesn’t matter what you do for the most part, that’s why Ig is screwed up.

6 Likes

Is this a private account manager or one you found online? Looks nice,

For sure and thank you for that! It wasn’t ideal but has worked out pretty well.

1 Like

I’ve had them deleted, reinstated, stolen. etc. It’s luck of the draw and based on how your audience / competition that report on you.

2 Likes

A tool I’ve been using for a few years. Always one step ahead so to speak.

1 Like

The software is followliker

2 Likes

Ahh thanks. I thought that one had been gone for a minuet.

It’s one of the better programs. I find it useful for mass production. Major accounts stick with MP

1 Like

I wouldn’t put a 20k+ account on FL

1 Like

What is MP? I’m pretty familiar with FL, have not used it in over a year though

1 Like

Massplanner.com

1 Like

According to the link you provided, MP is dead

2 Likes

Guess it must be true.

1 Like

how is that done?i am a hobby guy

Nm, a lot easier nav this on pc, lol

1 Like

Followliker is best in the industry, I am an investor in social media company that manages 100s of accts from 1000-1mil followers and they use follow liker fir them all. The beauty of FL is control you can teach it to do anything.

3 Likes

I can whole-heartedly agree it’s a great software, but lacking in comparison to MP.
I wouldn’t use multiple 20k accounts on FL again. I’m no investor, but I bet any investor would switch over to MP if they had the opportunity to look at it…

1 Like

Can you control FL and teach it to create accounts? No.
You know there’s also a HUGE social network missing from FL… Just… the biggest one.
FL is great for jumpstarting new clients. Clients with larger presences already? You’ll have to create quite the white list, and do a bit of work… but it’ll still never equate to what MP does on the daily.

In fact, MP has options to import from FL…