Inhouse Genetics seeds are shitty

So I’ve been through a few seed packs from Inhouse Genetics in the past 18 months. Cherry Breeze, Frosted Apricots, Platinum Oreos, and Golden Apple. Each pack has had pretty horrible germ rates, but I got the pack of golden apple and I am done with inhouse genetics.

Golden apple has a germination rate of 10% frosted apricots wasn’t far behind, and the others were just over 50%. Poped 30 squirt from HSC… 100% germ rates. Poped 30 from symbiotic… 100% germ.

Inhouse Genetics has some nice genetics, and I have grown some amazing cannabis from them by seed. But they have easily been the most unreliable “reliable breeder”

End Rant

3 Likes

Crazy, I have grown maybe 5-6 packs as well, with no (major) germ issues. This was maybe 3ish years ago, maybe shits gone down hill, who knows…

1 Like

Golden apple LOL

Platinum Oreos :roll_eyes:

Orange Cream x Jelly Rancher (pheno hunt non stabilized/commercialized :flushed:)

All the same tray. Sad…

3 Likes

Do you always put domes on seed starts?

I typically leave a dome on untill they bust out. But my germ rate was fucked up and I left it on longer than anticipated in hopes of late germ. I would typically have the domes off to get some air movement and start strengthening the stem/stalk.

2 Likes

Same, as soon as they are up out of the soil the lid comes off. Always worked fine for me.

1 Like

I had extremely good results with In House Genetics Jellybreath and Nitro Cookies. I also rab their Platinum Buffalo, for which every pheno was different and none were keepers, a disappointment.

Several IHG crosses have proven popular in NorCal.

Overall my view is that IHG is just another pollen chucker that works with excellent stock. Most of the breeding stock seems to be polyploid hybrid, so a little luck and pheno selection may be necessary.

My experience has been that while you cannot expect uniform results, I havent had germ issues and there are absolutely amazing gems to be found.

I have germed thousands of seeds without difficulty, near 100% success, never using a dome. Only problems I had were with old seeds that I bred but kept in hot garage, or my gelatti biscotti sundae crosses that had thick shell casing and required heat mat. Wet paper towel between plates, heat mat optional, almost impossible to screw up.

Sorry to learn of your poor experience with them.

1 Like

This is kinda my point.

I have grow lots of great Inhouse Genetics… BUT in the past year and a half something has happened with quality control, because the gold packs I have gotten have been super disappointing. I run seeds pretty much exclusively, and inhouse has some of the worst germ rates. I shouldn’t have to baby a seed pack that isnt even old. The paper towel trick, h2o2 baths, and even TC are great if you have a rare genetic, but when I’m hunting for a keeper, if the bean can’t make it out of the soil I guess I didn’t want it anyway.

To be clear my experience with good IHG germ rates is not within the last year, so my input was not meant to address potential of recent changes to quality control.

But that said, I have never seen someone refer to paper towel germination as babying. It almost cant get simpler for germination… 2 plates, paper towel and water, whos got that kind of time?! Oh well, you have what works for you, more power to you

1 Like

I worked lots of agriculture as a kid, from greenhouse to strawberry field. No other industry germinates their seeds outside of their media… The paper towel method is considered an intensive method, and would typically be reservered for extremely high ticket items needing things like scarification and stratification. Popping thousand or hundreds of beans in paper towels is a lot of work and presents more opportunity for contamination, and other errors. It’s just not a great method at scale imo.

4 Likes

@Dred_pirate

Didnt you comment in someother threat on bland and tastles platinum oreos or something?

1 Like

He said it to me :sweat_smile:

I suggest sharing opinions on this freely as you did…

Much of hyped exotics ( that now I had the liberty to try) are a bit over exaggerated.

I will say I tried something exotic that was preety steep in pricing and I would acutally consider paying due to the really really nice work the selectors did.

It was seed junky that stole my heart and im a exotic hype man now!:)))

1 Like

Personally I have had shit luck with the 30ish packs from in-house I have run ….like 000 keepers…. I know there are several hype cuts from his work but they are coming from guys that are hunting true thousands of beans at a time. It baffles my mind how a company that is so inconsistent can grow SOOO big. That said I personally no longer buy in-house packs to hunt but I am happy to buy any of the hype cuts from them that have already been proven…… just my 2cents

5 Likes

If you haven’t tried HBK genetics you’re missing out. His genetics are sublime. I’ve been running them for years. I grew up with Eric and his gear was bomb as far back as 1989.

Check em on IG hbkgenetics

3 Likes

i sent out some of my 20 year old seeds and they had 100 percent germination. What are they doing to them?

1 Like

transplanted rooted seeds makes no sense- pop them in the media. I used to use rapid rooters but direct into peat works good too. I had issues with damping in coco

Looking into them now, thanks for the heads up @Miles-Beyond

2 Likes

I make seeds by harvesting fresh pollen in a baggie tied over a male who is just startig to jizz- day 19 to 30 not old pollen.= males only need one donkey dick. and shaking the pollen in. then i apply it with a small paintbrush right onto the females vagina aka pistils and then i grow the weed out fully and deseed the few bottoms i had impregnated.

seeds are a goofy biz. I went to amsterdam and saw gypsy and bonguru- they sit on a lawn chair and had some 40 year old fridge full of not what i came for??? Id imagine demontrich sell his clones via a long ass toenail he clips them with. and you fuckers give me a hard time= im the real deal! If i had ANY idea how to market seeds i can be a breeder with my 20 year old genetics that get high germ rates- this is lost genetics. i understand its seed chucking without narrowing the desirable genes. but its old and viable.