Infusing Terpenes with Dried Flower

What would be the terpene to butane dilution ratio be?
What happens to the excess butane once it hits the dry flower
Why do they choose butane?

You dont need butane to spay terps you need pressurized nitrogen

2 Likes

On average for a good impregnation of flowers
I use 600 ml butane or di methyl ether as solvent per kg of flowers
This is beeing sprayed on the biomass while it s beeing tumbled
To have a deep impregnation freezing the biomass with dry ice prior to the spray session helps
As to why butane or dimethyl ether as solvent
Both gasses have low bp making the solvent evaporate off fast And purge easy under vacuum both solvents leave no taste or scent
If equipment used is not up to par butane is recomended for it s vapor pressure can be relatively easy controlled 40 psi
A ss pesticide sprayer is often rated till 90 psi
Has a pressure relief valve and can easily be modefied to our. Needs
As for DME one should work with a pressure vessel rated to 300 psi in my case a 6” tri clamp vessel with diptube and highpressure
Nozzle

3 Likes

You do to thin out the terps for better coverage

2 Likes

Terpenes sprayed or misted on the outside of flower is not the same as what’s being produced endogenously in the plant. It will not burn the same, taste the same, and it will break down the material itself leading to nasty discoloration. Also this is asking for carcinogens. Fake terps in carts is one thing because the temperature is going to be significantly lower but you should not be adding terps for combustion purposes. They are not remotely stable at those temp ranges.

If your flower needs terps at the very least use cannabis derived and if you can’t do that, grow better flower and accept that you won’t fetch the same rates as people putting out better quality. I’m all for a fruity terp cart as much as the next guy but I think spraying this stuff on flower intended for combustion is going to get dangerous fast.

8 Likes

Joint catches fire

1 Like

I tried this years ago on outdoor hemp flower and that literally happened with a bowl. Terps just sitting on plant material is not the same as what was produced within the plant. All jokes aside my concerns about it being dangerous are less about it burning sporadically inches from someone’s face but more about what’s going into the lungs. Guaranteed carcinogens and what basically amounts to chemical burns. And that’s just in a high temp vape. Can only imagine what combustion is creating.

4 Likes

Found this video seems Good for Every One so you dont have to use dry ice

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DC3jzpaXNuiM&ved=2ahUKEwir65TywbH2AhXdRPEDHe5kBRgQo7QBegQIBxAF&usg=AOvVaw3P5zrGI3kx2-8QwSmHBtDT

But My question ishow Much terps and how many ml butane ? And as you say it evaporate by it so dont need to pump pressure? Will a oliver oil spray can ge enough ? THE One in aluminium that you can pump by your self ?

Stainless steel or die

Fixed it for you🤫

2 Likes

Real footage of @Bobs trying to avoid ignition

2 Likes

Lol okay so it blows Up IF not stainless lol ?

yep. Man lit cigarette in car full of butane vapors, triggering explosion - YouTube

I’ve seen some dispensary flower definitely sprayed with some botanical terps it smelled gross

1 Like