Infusing Terpenes Using an Ultrasonic Bath

Sure. Maybe do another quick splash of nitrogen in there after terp addition too

1 Like

If you want to achieve back pressure I suggest the use of a septa in combination with BALLOONS :balloon:!! We use this trick in synthesis. You just need a needle that fits into a hose and then wrap the balloon with a rubber band to hold it in place.

If you used a septa then you would be able to direct inject your terp profile into the center of your warm distillate with a long needle like a jelly filled doughnuts. Mmmmmm doughnuts :drooling_face:

4 Likes

mmmmmm ballons and syringesā€¦good times.

2 Likes

Interesting. Youā€™re just plopping in the water? Id be a little worried the ultrasonic might rattle the thread on the cap loose and leakā€¦ I suppose you could just stand them up and fill the water just up to the neck of the bottles.

1 Like

Good point. Thatā€™s exactly what we do to prevent any water from making its way into the bottle. We simply fill to the level that the distillate is sitting inside of the bottle. I usually do 200ml in a 250ml media bottle so that there is more than enough space to prevent water from making its way into the bottle.

2 Likes

Right on. I tend to always think of the worst case scenarios to things before hand so I can avoid any issues before they happen

3 Likes

Okay im finally getting a Ultrasonic bath, thanks for this inspiration.
Now is water the best thing to use? :thinking:
If theres no risk of cross contaminationā€¦

4 Likes

I donā€™t see why not. Itā€™s just using it for transferring heat. Thereā€™s probably a better liquid but honestly thatā€™s a little overkill

DI water only in the bath! Donā€™t use tap water.

2 Likes