Industrial Hemp Processing

Hello Everyone,

I have some questions in regards to processing legal industrial hemp flower using ethanol into a legal concentrated form.

For example, in Pennsylvania as far as I could find there is no processing licences required for industrial hemp. If you were to process 15% CBDA .3% THC flower into some pull and snap concentrate the concentration of those cannabinoids would increase significantly causing the .3% thc to become above accepted levels.

Is there a way of knowing an rough estimate of concentrate potency via the potency of the material used? I assume this all depends on the processor.

I could not find if it was acceptable to produce for further dilution into a lotion or salve for a retail market.

If you would keep you material in mother liquor form (which I assume is just the ethanol after a few filtration passes left before distilling?) Would that be below the allotted concentration and legal to cross state lines for thc remediation?

Any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PA permits remediation of intermediate products. All finished goods must be complaint (<0.3% total thc). Keep an eye out for PA’s state plan approval from usda in the coming months to see if anything changes.

4 Likes

Thank you Sir! I actually just sent you a Direct Message from your other thread in regards to the USDA.